• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
If it does not happen, that would prove Sony is completely tone-deaf to current markets.
So yeah, it will happen, most likely in form of spiritual successor for PS5, but wouldn't really surprise me if it is just a sequel to BB.

Hoot

Nov 12, 2017
Hopefully not. I absolutely adore bloodborne, one of my favourite games ever. But the reveal of a big cosmic entity only works once. Plus fromsoft has shown that they're not really that good with straight up sequels (like I bet the game would still be fun, mechanically, but everything about dark souls 2 and especially 3's narrative was lazy)

Molemitts

Oct 25, 2017
I love Bloodborne and I don't want a Bloodborne 2. The game is still great and stands out on its own. From Software have shown they're at their best when working on something new original.

I feel like this expectation for every game to have a sequel or turn into a series is not so good.

Oct 28, 2017
hmm, dunno i love BB but i don't want it to get it serialized like dark souls. i'll take a new ip and a bloodborne pro patch over bloodborne 2

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They should make a game that's a cross between Armored Core and Bloodborne where you're a lone mech fighting their way across a ruined planet against gargantuan Lovecraftian monstrosities

ADee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I can really see a Nintendo X From Souls esque game which is Metroid!
Yes I see it in my dreams everyday

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
I don't mind there being bloodborne 2, because it has potential. One thing I hope from is just as aware of as I am, is that bloodborne as an IP is NOT INHERENTLY tied to victorian setting and werewolves. There are many other settings with bloody sacrifices, elder gods and such, that can be exploited. Some tropical-esque mayan setting with literal ritualistic human sacrifices and culture surrounding it could work wonders. I want it to look different.

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind there being bloodborne 2, because it has potential. One thing I hope from is just as aware of as I am, is that bloodborne as an IP is NOT INHERENTLY tied to victorian setting and werewolves. There are many other settings with bloody sacrifices, elder gods and such, that can be exploited. Some tropical-esque mayan setting with literal ritualistic human sacrifices and culture surrounding it could work wonders. I want it to look different.
I mean, yeah it kinda is. If you want something different that's what a new IP is for.

KiNolin

Oct 28, 2017
Yes, probably at some point in time it will exist. I'm hoping for a spiritual successor though, preferably in a new setting (BB already was perfect, no need to milk the same scenario).

Either way, out of their supposedly 3 upcoming projects, one was announced for 2017. That's obviously not going to happen anymore, but hopefully it means that an announcement is still coming during the next couple of events.

Deleted member 2229

Oct 25, 2017
It really isn't though. If it was, game itself wouldn't go full lovecraft impossible space with victorian setting and werewolves taking the backseat.
The game is pretty much HP Lovecraft the game, werewolves and the Victorian era and other aspects of gothic literature are stuff that are also heavily involved with Lovecrafts work.
Read a few Lovecraft stories and you'd start to understand.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Eldritch horror is about knowledge, wisdom, learning the truth. We've learnt the truth. The beasts thing was just a red-herring, you can't do that again.

They probably shouldn't make a Cabin in the Woods 2 either.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Bloodborne is in contention for my favorite game of all time so obviously If Miyazaki's wanted to make a sequel I'd be all in, but I don't need it or necessarily even want it. Instead give me something in the spirit of Bloodborne -- a game that reimagines the Souls formula with a unique world and fresh themes.

Corine

Nov 8, 2017
Doubt it. They make far more money doing multiplats. Businesses tend to go with the money.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
I can see From agreeing if they're allowed to self publish the game on Steam at a later date.
They don't own the IP, so it would be Sony publishing on PC(hint:they wont) if such a deal took place

And even then, I doubt even From has that much of a pull with regards to that kind of deal. What are they going to say, "make our game multiplatform or we'll go multiplatform" ?

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
No. But I am hoping that the "familiar dark fantasy game" that they're making will be more like Bloodborne than Dark Souls

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I certainly hope so. If it is happening there's also a higher chance they would do a Pro Patch for the first game. But honestly at this point, I don't think either thing is happening. (._.)

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
They've been hush on the PC port for almost 2 years now and the one source from it(the QnA) has been taken down afaik
Yes, they've been hush. If it were exclusive, I don't think they'd be hush. As of right now, it was announced, never unannounced, and they have not commented, so I'd consider it to still be announced as coming to PC. Obviously that may not be the case ultimately, but we'll see.

Deleted member 2229

Oct 25, 2017
Whilst true, there is no reason to believe they don't. Moreover, there's no reason to think Sony own the IP of BB.
Sony does own the IP of Bloodborne. The same way the own the IP to Demon Souls. Sony approached From after they completed work on Dark Souls to create a game for their new system, that ended up being Bloodborne. Sony funded and produced the game and it was something they asked for. Sony generally owns all of the IPs to their exclusive games.

Death Stranding isn't really a similar situation

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe one day but Sony will still have to money hat the project, since it's their IP. I'd like to think the possibility of that happening depends on how well Bloodborne sold and maybe how many console units it sold post launch.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Sony does own the IP of Bloodborne. The same way the own the IP to Demon Souls. Sony approached From after they completed work on Dark Souls to create a game for their new system, that ended up being Bloodborne. Sony funded and produced the game and it was something they asked for. Sony generally owns all of the IPs to their exclusive games.

Death Stranding isn't really a similar situation
You can't prove it though, can you? The point is that whoever owns the trademark almost always owns the IP, but without having access to the contract, we can never be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.