DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
I love Robin and all, one of my favorite superheroes but man is classic costume is just one of the worst things ever

BatmanStyleGuide1982-13-57becd4d5f9b5855e5af81ab.jpg

Like even by comic book standards, who would actually dress to fight like that, especially when dealing with firearms and knives. Pixie boots and no pants? It's not protective at all and explains why Jason Todd died so easily. I'm so glad they've updated this as this costume has certainly not aged well.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Look if I was a villain and saw Batman's young, hopefully not too young helper rolling with him dressed like that I'd probably start some rumors about their partnership.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why does Batman wear black?

So the bad guys trying to shoot him won't be able to see him at night.

Why does Robin wear red, green and bright yellow?

Mar 27, 2018
Why does Batman wear black?

So the bad guys trying to shoot him won't be able to see him at night.

Why does Robin wear red, green and bright yellow?

Robin is the patsy, the bait, the distraction. His thick thighs save lives and his bright colors attract gunfire like moths to a flame. That's also why Batman goes through so many little boy sidekicks

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
I've been reading some of the Batman stuff from the 70's, and have been wondering when Robin ditches the look. Does anyone know for sure? I know he goes on to be nightwing or whatever, but does he keep the pixie boots all the way up till then?

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I've been reading some of the Batman stuff from the 70's, and have been wondering when Robin ditches the look. Does anyone know for sure? I know he goes on to be nightwing or whatever, but does he keep the pixie boots all the way up till then?

Yeah, pretty much. Jason Todd had a similar outfit. it didn't change till Tim Drake became Robin.