• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Huh... never saw him use it on males (Or I just forgot). Can think of many occasions where him using it on them would have made things a lot easier for him though.

Way Daken was written was always inconsistent as shit.

I remember there was one time during the Dark Reign stuff where he used his powers to seduce some married Hammer agent who then ended up committing suicide I think? I'm sure he must have used it during that arc where he became a Hollywood groupie addicted to drugs, which is exactly the kind of situation that only someone related to Wolverine could get themselves into.

What a chump.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
Remember when ti was revealed that Romulus was pulling his strings all along?
1187707-romulus_01.jpg
WHAT IN THE FUCK?! Who the fuck is Romulus?

Oct 25, 2017
Supposely the farther of all animal type mutants. I don't know, the writers didn't seem to know where it was going either
Wasn't it also that Wolverine was supposed to be a wolf-mutant subspecies and T'challa and Storm told him about it and then, whatever I'm not even going to bother trying to remember this.
--
Was this all before or after he cut off Sabertooth's head?

Oct 25, 2017
LOL So was he responsible for Weapon X too or did they not think that through either?

He was basically responsible for EVERYTHING, having been around for hundreds and hundreds of years and controlling everyhting I ckuding being a Roman emperor and all that shite.

Then for some reason he decided his life's goal was to just troll Wolverines bloodline for generations because Marvel really wants us to think that Wolverine is interesting for some reason.

zon

Oct 28, 2017
Wasn't it also that Wolverine was supposed to be a wolf-mutant subspecies and T'challa and Storm told him about it and then, whatever I'm not even going to bother trying to remember this.
--
Was this all before or after he cut off Sabertooth's head?

I think it was during cutting off Sabertooth's head, it was part of that whole mess.

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
What is even the point of making X-23 his daughter? Wasnt she already functionally his daughter? Were all the X-# before her also Wolverine's biological children? I'm quite confused.

OP
OP
alexi52

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
After going through this thread I was reminded of Hope Summers existence, she's the biggest waste, fallowed by Skaar and then Daken
What is even the point of making X-23 his daughter? Wasnt she already functionally his daughter? Were all the X-# before her also Wolverine's biological children? I'm quite confused.
Easier to explain then her being a clone that looks like the women who birthed her but for some reason doesn't any of her DNA, all they did was change it so now she does have her mother's DNA which makes her no longer qualify as a clone which I prefer, It always bothered me that she wasn't Logan's daughter

MetalMagus

Avenger
Oct 16, 2018
Maine
Imagine Robert Kirkman creates a young Marvel superhero who gains a version of the Green Lantern powerset. The character is fun, engaging, and we see him grow and struggle to take on the mantle of what it means to be a hero. He's also openly gay.

Now imagine he's killed off in his fourth appearance.

Wait, you don't have to imagine, because he's Freedom Ring.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Imagine Robert Kirkman creates a young Marvel superhero who gains a version of the Green Lantern powerset. The character is fun, engaging, and we see him grow and struggle to take on the mantle of what it means to be a hero. He's also openly gay.

When asked by a fan about the number of visibly gay comic book superheroes, Editor-in-Chief of Marvel Comics, Joe Quesada, also touted the Freedom Ring as Marvel's leading gay hero. However, in the next issue, the character was killed ...

OOF.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017

I read those Marvel Team-Up issues, and I still don't know why they had it play out the way it did...

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
The chances that MCU Daken might actually be good is quite high imo.
Feige will reimagine the character make him right.

MetalMagus

Avenger
Oct 16, 2018
Maine
I read those Marvel Team-Up issues, and I still don't know why they had it play out the way it did...

I get that it was Kirkman's intent going into the story (young hero gets in over his head and pays the ultimate price). It's honestly not that bad an idea of a story - and honestly one that maybe needs to be told more often. However, if ever there was a case to be made for a course correction when you see how things are clicking - this stands as a prime example.