• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

I have to say when he's done well, yes, he is the greatest comic book villain of all time, he has so many great quotes.

"Oh yes, I forgot a very left-brained personality. Let me put this in itty bitty words for you. You want Jennifer, you do as Dr. Doom says. Or as you would put it so charmingly: Hulk no smash!"

Gotta say Simon Templemen (Kain himself) was a great voice for Doom.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
dihfUaT.jpg

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
He was, and his resume is sound. But this mofo came out of no where and fucked up the whole game

IMG_3580.jpg

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
The Joker is great in short bursts but you can't make a compelling narrative with him as the protagonist. The same isn't true about Doom.

I am a Bird

Oct 31, 2017
What does doom have his doctorate in? Does he have an actual degree or is it one of those honorary degrees where he donated a lot of doombots to a college.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The joker isn't even the best Batman villian never mind of all comics. Ooohh chaos, HA,HA,HA, boring after a story or two. (Though he does win points with me for what he did to Jason Todd, yes I am obsessed with Death in the Family)

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
he's honestly so stupid. he looks like a toaster and he has a dorky name. Authors write him in this way where they're clearly jacking off at how cool they think it is.

what a bummer of a character

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when Dr.Doom turned Wolverine's skeleton into power armor?
guardians-of-the-galaxy-39-03.jpg

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
Looking strictly at cape comics? Personally I'd say yes. What makes him work so well is he's just an incredibly versatile character. He can be villainous or noble, threatening or silly, and somehow it all works for the character. He's just an incredible design, both conceptually and visually.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
The highs of the Joker material outweigh any concerns that Doom is a deeper character

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Looking strictly at cape comics? Personally I'd say yes. What makes him work so well is he's just an incredibly versatile character. He can be villainous or noble, threatening or silly, and somehow it all works for the character. He's just an incredible design, both conceptually and visually.
no immagine Doom going over someone's books like a CPA

pun03.jpg

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Secret Wars vs Emperor Joker.....really easy comparisons

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
I kinda feel like Doom has been circlejerked to hell and back on the internet. So much I don't really like him anymore.

Deleted member 58846

Banned
Jul 28, 2019
He's up there, but he's not even the best Marvel villain (that'd be Magneto).
The best overall comic villain is Joker.