• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Dec 23, 2017

Hopefully this thread is ok, if not then I apologize for the trouble. The tweet says, "Who recognizes this game?".

As a huge Mirror's Edge fan, it's obviously Mirror's Edge but I wonder if there is something more to this tweet.

Myself and other fans have shown interest in a Mirror's Edge Remaster, but I am personally a bit cautious about it as the original Mirror's Edge was a master piece at the time with very stylized visuals.

I know some EA/Dice developers post here, do you know anything about it? ;)

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Typically the Non-US account are kinda free to do whatever when it comes to posts. So stuff like this and what not is fairly common (For example Non-US Capcom accounts will actually post about Dino Crisis).

There's likely nothing more to this than just a post for engagement. With maybe on a good day the title coming to Switch or something.

OP
OP
Shinobido Heart
Dec 23, 2017
Typically the Non-US account are kinda free to do whatever when it comes to posts. So stuff like this and what not is fairly common (For example Non-US Capcom accounts will actually post about Dino Crisis).

There's likely nothing more to this than just a post for engagement. With maybe on a good day the title coming to Switch or something.

Ah I see, that's understandable. I don't hang out on twitter much. :o

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Yeah it's a social media engagement thing :( Darn it OP.

But yo shoutout to EA for giving us these great parkour games only to take them away from us

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017

I can feel the animosity from this post.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico

I can almost read the pain in this words lol

I feel the same each time Insomniac post about Resistance in their social channels

naitosan

Oct 28, 2017
Xbox already got Mirror's Edge BC in 4k and Auto HDR but if they're going to remaster it in UE4 or 5 with high resolution textures, models, PhysX effects and in 60/120fps... I'd definitely buy it. Love the game!

OP
OP
Shinobido Heart
Dec 23, 2017
Xbox already got Mirror's Edge BC in 4k and Auto HDR but if they're going to remaster it in UE4 or 5 with high resolution textures, models, PhysX effects and in 60/120fps... I'd definitely buy it. Love the game!

I actually have some trouble running the original Mirror's Edge on Steam these days.

I don't know what causes it, maybe an older version of PhysX or something, but I get stuttering now on a GTX 1080. Might be driver related.

Blairbat

Oct 29, 2017
Sacramento, California
I don't get how anyone is getting Mirrors edge from that pixilated mess. to me it honestly looks like someone is shoving their butt (in skinny jeans) into the camera while a pervy hand reaches out to grab it. Whatever. Very cool if it is Mirrors Edge though. Love the games.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
I don't get how anyone is getting Mirrors edge from that pixilated mess. to me it honestly looks like someone is shoving their butt (in skinny jeans) into the camera while a pervy hand reaches out to grab it. Whatever. Very cool if it is Mirrors Edge though. Love the games.

Eyh9k9yWYAI_3mi.jpg:small

Mirror_26002300_39_3B00_s-Edge-Top-1.jpg

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That is a very specific interpretation. Some real rorshach test shit going on here.

naitosan

Oct 28, 2017

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
The gods smiled on us by giving us two ME games, even if the sequel was flawed. I doubt they'll give us another.

There was talk of a TV series at one point but that's long dead.

TheDutchSlayer

Did you find it? Cuez I didn't!
Oct 26, 2017
The Hauge, The Netherlands

Yeah except for Nintendo all the local accounts of bigger publishers just do stuff for engagement.
And then the USA account has to clarify after the weekend that is was just a goof.

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
I'm just going to say OP did the right thing phrasing the title of this thread as a legit question instead of the confidently incorrect titles that many other people would have used.

Dec 25, 2018
Would love some new Mirrors Edge (or some switch ports of the first 2), but I imagine that tweet is the equivalent of the Tron FB page making the occasional post while nothing new was in the pipeline.

would be a bit of a monkeys paw situation if a new Me was announced but Faith is replaced with Jared Leto...

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy

I think it was specifically Capcom France that tweeted about Ghost Trick one or two years ago.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Blurry screenshots are the new Rorschach test apparently lol

Dunan

Jun 11, 2018
Would love a next-gen Mirror's Edge (though I'd settle for a remaster of the original to start). Glass felt like it had so many stories to tell, of which we only got a tiny taste. Let's go back there, and then eventually to some of those outer places that the story only refers to. The game has rendered a lot more than what we actually got to see; there are YouTube videos of people going out of bounds and seeing how much more there is.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Isn't this more " we have nothing to talk about, but as a social media manager I am measured on output and engagement "

grosvenor92

Dec 2, 2017
I'd love if we got another Mirrors Edge that learned from the mistakes in Catalyst but at the same time I don't see EA giving the franchise another shot

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Catalyst was not a great title but I still love the franchise and hope that it's a given another shot with a next gen title and a dedicated VR game

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Man I'd love to see the original Mirror's Edge on new platforms, along with a third game.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
a remaster of the first game would be great. moving from the baked light maps to real-time GI and shadows would be ace

JRedCX

Nov 10, 2020
Mirror's Edge and Mirror's Edge Catalyst (I really like that one too) are one of my favorites games and I would really like other game. I don't think that will happend but I still have a little bit of hope that we can see Faith again and why not? I want to see Celeste again.

Last edited:

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck a next gen upgrade of ME catalyst would be great. The game is different from the first one (which remains a masterpiece of platforming in gen 7) and not as good, but it's actually great despite what a lot of the reactions say.

it was held back by the 60fps requirement on base consoles last gen though, so it had to be really stripped back visually. 4k60 with visuals pushed out would be wonderful.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I always get upset that gamers constantly say "we want more original games from AAA developers" despite sleeping on Mirror's Edge TWICE. They literally greenlit the prequel/reboot to gauge market interest with the promise that we'd get more if gamers showed interest.
YsFaEJz.png