• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

is Fallout 76 the biggest fail of the year?

• Yes

Votes: 166 83.8%
  • No

Votes: 32 16.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guaraná

Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
From the canvas bag situation, to the homophobic murder gangs, it looks like that even if Bethesda tried their best to fail this hard they wouldn't have succeed this much. Honestly, I don't think 2018 had such a terrible game release like Fallout 76.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2018
For a 60 dollar game discounted twice in less than a week, created a PR nightmare for Bethesda and have reviewers and consumers alike shitting on it yep pretty much.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
You're making this thread with a rhetorical question to pile on what was obviously the biggest gaming fail of the year.

It's been covered and ridiculed.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
In terms of PR damage maybe. There will be another "Fallout" game but chances that Tomb Raider and Hitman are dead are high.

DarthSontin

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
A better question would be, what game is the second-biggest fail of the year? Shadow of the Tomb Raider? It at least seemed okay, just not up to its series' quality.

Oct 29, 2017
As much as I'm personally enjoying it..

.. it's fucked.

I spent most of tonight been unable to get in my power armour and then the rest of the time been unable to loot because I had 0 UI and could not access shit.

EVA UNIT 01

Oct 27, 2017
CA
Id rather play the quiet man because its one of a kind and ill always remember it.
No one will remmeber 76 in the end

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I've put a little over 25 hours in so far. It's a disaster.

I think I would find it adequate, if it wasn't for the inescapable and inexplicable performance issues that are exacerbated by Bethesda's design decisions (the inability to choose your server being a prime example).

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Why is there so many threads on this? I'm pretty sure the point has been made so many times now.

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
ALMOST HEAVEN, WEST VIRGINIA
BLUERIDGE MOUNTAINS, SHENANDOAH RIVER

Yes, it is.

Ocean Bones

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
What's the last game that created this much of a shit storm on all fronts? I mean this game has it all lol

It might be the biggest fail in years for a single video game

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not to pedal the sentiment that we "journos" hate gamers, but I'ma have to say gamers are the biggest failure of 2018 in the games industry.

Maybe next year will get better.

*cries in canvas*

Deleted member 22649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Biggest fail of the year, huh... I'm not convinced that it is, because ultimately that will depend on whether or not this game has decent sales over the next three months. Games like this live and die by the long tail, and if Bethesda manages to get their act together in the next few weeks, it still has a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.