• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 9, 2017
Réunion
Firefox is bugged for me. It can't load anything and when I close it, the process is still there and I have to stop it by using the task manager. At first, I thought I was the only one having this problem but it seems that is not the case, some people are talking about it on Reddit.

Right now, I'm using Chrome btw.

Edit: some informations:

here's the primary bugzilla item, for those that care about the internal details.

1749910 - (foxstuck) [2022-01-13] Hangs in socket thread

VERIFIED (nobody) in Core - Networking. Last updated 2023-01-22.

If anyone has used the temporary workaround to disable http3, it may be worth considering turning it back on.

Last edited:

des0lar

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Same here, went to uninstall and chose "refresh Browser".
It worked after that but you will lose your open tabs.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing my issue is related to this:

www.resetera.com

Firefox and Proxy Server settings?

So I was just sitting, watching a stream while doing work on my work laptop when I noticed the stream stopped. I tried to refresh but found it didn't work and then... nothing worked. No other webpages or anything. I thought I had lost my internet but Discord and my Work laptop were still...

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting. Yeah, Firefox stopped loading anything for a while for me.

Using MacOS btw.

Gyroscope

Oct 25, 2017
It just happened to me. My Dark Reader add-on was the culprit. Once I disabled that, Firefox came back. Found out after Refreshing Firefox through the uninstaller which, retains most things except the add-ons, which I then re-downloaded. Then ran into the same issue. Only have one other add-on which wasn't the cause.

Edit: And it came back, don't know wtf is going on. There's a ton of extra firefox processes that appear and hang around after closing down firefox.

Last edited:

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
idk Firefox must be doing some suspicion shit if a browser can stop working

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
Was working fine until just a few minutes ago, now I started seeing issues. Restarting firefox makes it work for a bit. Proxy settings aren't doing anything. Might be cloudflare related since it uses it as a provider?

Temporary fix?
OP
OP
AStrangerIsHere
Nov 9, 2017
Réunion
Apparently, on reddit, someone found a fix that seems to work but I think I'll wait for an update. I'll just keep using Chrome in the meantime.

What worked for me was disabling HTTP3 support with the network.http.http3.enabled key in about:config and then restarting Firefox. Seems like it's stuck in the 'SocketThread', repeatedly doing this:

2022-01-13 08:20:53.075936 UTC - [Parent 4106991: Socket Thread]: V/nsHttp Http3Stream::OnReadSegment count=333 state=4 [this=7f6e295623a0]

SuperBanana

Oct 28, 2017
Weird. I did a browser refresh and it works but seems to break again if I turn on any ad blocker. I've never heard of a browser going down like this.

jobrro

The Fallen
Nov 19, 2017
Stopped working on my laptop but was still working on my desktop.

Working on my laptop again now, but that is pretty weird. I thought there was something wrong with my connection and also tried rebooting the laptop.

Edit: Stopped working on the laptop again, but still works on my desktop...

Ellyshia

Oct 27, 2017
This happened to me. Thought I was taking crazy pills. What is firefox doing that it can just decide to stop working for everyone?

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Seems to be fixed now, that was so weird. I thought it was just me but then Chrome was working fine.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
Mine did it too, but now it appears to be back. Was wondering if my internet is down.

Oh no

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Mine has thankfully been working fine for the last couple of hours, really weird issue.

Zakard

Oct 25, 2017
Clearing my entire browser and cache took care of it, but I went nuts the first 15 minutes I couldn't load anything.

ravn0s

Oct 29, 2017
Still not working here.

Edit: Cleared history and cache and now working.

Last edited:

Azem

Oct 25, 2017
The funniest thing is I literally didn't have any issues. It updated this morning, cool, whatever. Worked all day... until I looked at this thread. Obviously just a dumb coincidence with whatever triggers it, but I laughed all the same.

Turned off HTTP3, works again. Weird, and definitely going to frustrate people who aren't comfortable with about:config.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
At work and have firefox open, not noticed any issues so far.

UK based and on a windows PC. Will update if things get messed up at any point today.