• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what other games can implement a BR mode and how long it would take. How much development time do you need to add that to your game? I know the network part of it all is tough with 100 different players all connecting to 1 match. Anyone have any knowledge on this type of thing?

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Warhawk, 100 planes, zones to fuel, big open sea to fight to the death

I take my payments in cash Sony

--
The Unreal Tournament team is working on FBR which is already a small ass team to begin with, but at the same time Epic's resource availability is vastly different from someone like the dudes behind the Darwin project

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
The only reason that it was put into Fortnite with relative speed was because they had an active dev team able to work on a new mode to a game that was already built in a way that could support it.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
Not to mention PUBG uses Unreal Engine so Epic was likely able to easily take some of the lessons they learned helping optimize PUBG.

Fortnite is extremely shallow compared to PUBG so idk if it's indicative of how quickly something like this can be put out.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Epic are the developers of one of the biggest, most sucessful game engines today. They a lot more leeway in the alterations and improvements they can do, and i'm sure they learned a lot about how to support 100 players in one huge map from assisting in PUBG. They are in a position most devs aren't.