• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will you buy Xbox Series X for the Netflix of gaming?

• Of course

Votes: 644 40.4%
  • Haven’t decided yet

Votes: 187 11.7%
  • Nah

Votes: 671 42.1%
  • I want my physical games, dude

Votes: 93 5.8%

• Total voters

Samanyolu

Apr 27, 2019
No. I don't play that many games anyway (as I don't even like that many games) and the games on Xbox have always been lackluster (trying to be nice, really) for me. I'll most likely go with the PS5 for the games I know and love and if Microsoft get any games that interest me at some point, I might get an Xbox somewhere along the line.

bishoptl

Remember
Oct 26, 2017
Vancouver
So you're asking about Xbox Series X in the thread title and your post yet the poll says Xbox One X. (Edit: it was fixed)

No, gamepass will not be the reason to buy XSX because I have an XOX that has gamepass already and they've said XSX games won't be exclusive for a few years.
Same boat here. 3 years of Gamepass with my X1X and PC means I'm covered. Maybe in 2023.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
It's value for me to upgrade my PC, not sure about Series X, I only turn my X on to do the daily point tasks these days.

wollywinka

Feb 15, 2018
It's not a system seller for me - I'm getting an XSX, Day One, regardless - but it does add value. For a fairly new service, it's already impressive. The ball is in Sony's court, which can only be a good thing. Sony has dominated this gen, it need to be kept on its toes.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
No, the X sounds expensive and I'm curious how Sony plans to turn PS Now around.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
I went for undecided however it probably is more likely to make me consider getting an Xbox for sure, and without it I'd not say that at all. So long as MS keep offering their subscription model to get the box, including Gamepass, then it makes it far more tempting and accessible to me. Pay a monthly fee for the console and all the games you need including the first party titles and yeah... if there's more than a couple of compelling games there I might bite. I'm going PS5 at launch though for sure unless something crazy happens. Xbox would be my second console for exclusives.

supkid

Oct 29, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
If they start churning out some decent exclusives and they're day 1 on Gamepass it would definitely be something that would make me consider a series x, but until then it doesn't interest me in the slightest.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
That's what I did. Ironically it was Game Pass Ultimate that put me over the top to get a gaming PC. I only went mid range though since I bought it for what you said...those strategy and top down games. It would be nice if Microsft can bring those games to console with k/m support in the future.

That's the hope at least. They need to kind of lead the way with this kind of initiative with their 1P titles, that means having a dynamic UI that changes based on the input device that is detected. Gears Tactics and Age of Empires can do something like this and then 3P will follow.

Man I would love if games like Pillars of Eternity and Divinity had this feature for a m/k UI on consoles.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
That's the hope at least. They need to kind of lead the way with this kind of initiative with their 1P titles, that means having a dynamic UI that changes based on the input device that is detected. Gears Tactics and Age of Empires can do something like this and then 3P will follow.

Man I would love if games like Pillars of Eternity and Divinity had this feature for a m/k UI on consoles.

Definitely. I was enjoying Wasteland 2 on Xbox except for the controls. Games like that play much better with k/m. Ironically I prefer controller for shooters. It's these Western RPGs with a lot of UI management and strategy games that feel so much better with m/k. I hope Microsoft, which keeps promoting options, figures out a way to make it easy for devs to offer m/k every time going forward.

Proc

Oct 25, 2017
Unless if they have multiple exclusives that I can't play on my gaming PC, I won't be picking up an Xbox this generation.

Godzilla24

Nov 12, 2017
I already have 3 years of game pass ultimate. Getting series X is a no brainer. But I can take my time. Probably don't need it at launch.