• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

Oct 25, 2017
I've been thinking and, while the game certainly stands tall on its own, with the right strategy SSM could really spin this into the next big ARPG phenomenon.
The sense of exploration, looping level design and varied locales are just exquisite, secrets and environmental storytelling can be found in every nook and cranny and to be honest the combat is overall better than Soulsborne's already. I'm not sure that certain features such as a PvP component would work as well in the GoW context, singular protagonist and all, but then again the expertly crafted narrative could make up for that.

What do you think?

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
So God of War is now the new Resident Evil 4, Zelda, and now Soulsborne?

Man, so many God of War threads. What's next, God of War is the new Final Fantasy?

Deleted member 39587

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 6, 2018
Is God of War the new Godus?
Is God of War the new Metroid?
Is God of War the new Halo?
Is God of War the Dark Souls of videogames?

sambills

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
No, once you get deeper into the progression
get the blades of chaos
you realize how different it is from a soulsbourne game

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Is God of War the new Dota 2?

Fans of Space Station Silicon Valley should check out God of War

Etc
Etc
Etc

Can we stahhhp

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
I do like the combat better than bloodborne. I didn't want to say anything. Thought it may have been perceived as blasphemous.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
okay we gotta stop now

CoWZ05t.gif

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Souls games are a lot more than their individual elements.

Stuff like the very unique method of storytelling where they tell you basically nothing, the very brutal nature of gameplay in general where it feels like you could die at a moment's notice from the smallest error, and that death is a constant fear, a world that feels dead and yet full of despair at every corner.

Stuff like that, and quite a bit more combines together to make a cohesive whole that's a 'Souls' game. Hard to say GoW really fits the category.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
They just seem like different games. I want to play GOW, watching Angry Joe and Grimmz try a challenge room for 1hr+ made me want to play it even more. Both different challenge rooms, Angry Joe was the hour +, don't know how long Grimmz took. Both displayed high end skill at the end, though Angry Joe more. Grimmz felt it had to cheese due to the circumstance.

Status
Not open for further replies.