• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GTAce

Oct 27, 2017
Bonn, Germany
Just look:

Yes, they're doing it with other franchises too, especially R&C, but promoting Resistance feels weird.
Even if it's just an interest check, it kinda hypes me up.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't necessarily look like it but Sony needs a first party FPS and I'm assuming Guerrilla is neck deep in Horizon 2 rn

JorRaptor

Feb 19, 2018
I mean I would love that, but don't see who would be developing that. The majority of their team is working on Spidey

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Those games got as much hate as they were beloved; in which I was part of the latter.

Sure the second game's story was basura, but they were really neat (kinda hard tho) shooters.

Still would rather get another Ratchet game but hey!

Nov 23, 2017
Eh kinda hope not. Insomniac is much much better off doing lighter-hearted stuff with color and pizzaz. Not melodrama shooty shoot, especially in an era dominated by GAAS games that FPS fans are already invested into and would not be likely to switch even if its a Sony first party exclusive.

Really I just want a (no cut content or movie BS) Going Commando remake, or even more ideally, a new Ratchet trilogy. Make it 60 FPS AND make the graphics look a lot better than the 2015 game, which will be very doable on next gen, and I think it will impress a lot of people.

SkoomaBlade

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
It's probably nothing and more just a celebration of Insomniac's history.

BUT, if there were to be another Resistance I hope the they the best parts from across the franchise: Campaign from 3, 8 player co-op campaign from 2, and competitive MP from 1.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Insomniac post about their old games all the time. You could just as easily made a list of Sunset Overdrive posts in the last month and assume a sequel was in production.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Dont insomniac post about a bunch of games, I don't think that its necessarily a tease, although I will admit the frequency of the Resistance posts is rather high.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
I assumed we'd potentially would have seen something Resistance related even a remaster of some sort in the last State of Play, but nothing happened so if it comes it comes

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Don't look too much into it.

I have seen Resistance, Ratchet and Clank, Spiderman and Sunset Overdrive over the past few weeks.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
This reminds me I never finished Resistance 1. I got stuck in a mission and never came back. If Insomniac/Sony release a collection I would rectify that :D

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just look:

Yes, they're doing it with other franchises too, especially R&C, but promoting Resistance feels weird.
Even if it's just an interest check, it kinda hypes me up.

Not again....

No, they are not teasing. They are posting stuff about all the games they have made all the time. Last time it was Spyro, then Ratchet, etc. And the cycle repeats itself.

Desfrog

Oct 29, 2017
We already know there is more Rachet and Clank and Spider-Man on the way, not sure if they have the capacity for a Resistance as well. Maybe as a smaller PSVR title?

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I wouldn't call that promoting as much as just memeing with their followers.

Birbo

Oct 25, 2017
I wish, but seems doubtful. Would love if Resistance 4 was a PS5 launch title. I'd even be super happy with a collection of 1-3 on PS4.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if I want a sequel. But if ps5 game back with ps3 back comp. i'd be all over replaying the games. I need some brown in my life.

May 17, 2018
I swear someone asked this on one of their older posts this year, before the acquisition, and they said something like "we aren't teasing anything, just having fun. SIE owns the property" but now I can't find it for the life of me.

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Would love to see a resistance prequel set in Russia when they set up the red curtain, could be really gritty.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Insomniac post about their old games all the time. You could just as easily made a list of Sunset Overdrive posts in the last month and assume a sequel was in production.
This.

I wish people just stop believing everything get a sequel just because someone post an old image from an old game, god damnit

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
When you run a social media account, and have to post daily you post everything. This never checks out.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
In this interview, Layden saysRachet and Clank is a vital franchise in "the present and future". I feel like that's as close to a confirmation as you can get. Hopefully a launch title šŸ¤ž

That's how Layden saw it, sure. But considering his abrupt departure, I don't know that we should necessarily count on any R&C games in development to continue, if there even are any. For all we know, Ryan doesn't see a place for R&C in his SIE.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
I think a Remaster/Collection would be useful, even just for the campaigns. Also maybe if they do ever go back to Resistance they should do a Reboot as the story effectively finished up in 3 and the worldbuilding wasn't as great as it could have been.

I mean, tonally it was all over the place. Hale was a mute in the first game, in the second game he's an ultra-badass squad leader who chats all the time and Deadulus hatches a massive plan involving the Towers and opening a massive portal in the sky. In Resistance 3 Capelli is just fighting to survive and we don't ever figure out what the Chimera were up to with the whole multiple planets thing.

Thorzilla

Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully. R2 online co-op was some of the best fun I had last gen! Can't wait for an updated HD port of the entire collection. R3's campaign was also tense and really well written IMO.

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think a Remaster/Collection would be useful, even just for the campaigns. Also maybe if they do ever go back to Resistance they should do a Reboot as the story effectively finished up in 3 and the worldbuilding wasn't as great as it could have been.

I mean, tonally it was all over the place. Hale was a mute in the first game, in the second game he's an ultra-badass squad leader who chats all the time and Deadulus hatches a massive plan involving the Towers and opening a massive portal in the sky. In Resistance 3 Capelli is just fighting to survive and we don't ever figure out what the Chimera were up to with the whole multiple planets thing.

he also took a lot of bullets in Resistance 2, and in the beginning of 3 a single one to the face took him out.