• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Is it better to be a rude-but-woke person, or a nice-but-ignorant person?

• Rude-But-Woke

Votes: 62 46.6%
  • Nice-But-Ignorant

Votes: 71 53.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Well if you're a nice person maybe you might be open to new ideas and become less ignorant.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
The latter would probably be utterly insufferable to interact with in real life, so the former wins. Until I read you descriptions I was thinking the other way though.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
Nice and ignorant

Being woke means nothing if you treat people like garbage.

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
I voted nice-but-ignorant because I'd like to believe an ignorant person can be educated and learn to be 'woke'. That's kinda what being 'ignorant' means. Then they'd be nice and woke.

A rude but woke person will always be rude.
I'll stop "being rude" when I'll stop getting treated bad for my sexual orientation

Deleted member 2761

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cut the bullshit. What's worse: "rude-but-ignorant" or "rude-but-woke"?

Seriously, the very language of this "nice" vs "rude" shit is couched in the perspective of a privileged guy being left out of the conversation when it comes to oppression, and not the actual oppressed minorities themselves. Would it kill some of you to have some self-awareness?

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017
This hypothetical is overly reductive and is unlikely to lead to any productive discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.