• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I think that honor should go Amid Evil, made by a sub group at New Blood Interactive (Known for retro shooter Dusk).
Fun fact: One of the guys working on this is El Zee. Why do i mention this name? Because he made the excellent, and also free to download Zdoom game Return Of The Triad. A homage to the original and its GOOD.

Links:

Hey! Give me a call through PM and we can discuss some things regarding this - I do have a few ideas up on how that kind of thread should be like (Seperate categories and all). Could be a catch-all thread for all things retro Doom.

Will await your PM :)

It should run with a GZdoom based port and some command line parameters. However, i do think the ports currently available use a less recent GZdoom build than is required by the FAQ.

I didn't know these guys were working on a Herectic/Hexen inspired game! I'm so happy right know since I'm a huge fan of Raven Software classics! I had a blast playing through the first episode of Dusk and I have no doubt Amid Evil will be just as good.

Really makes me want a modern gen Heretic and Hexen
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-it-doom-is-it-castlevania-it-is-both-d.3751/#post-507632 ;)

I didn't know these guys were working on a Herectic/Hexen inspired game! I'm so happy right know since I'm a huge fan of Raven Software classics! I had a blast playing through the first episode of Dusk and I have no doubt Amid Evil will be just as good.
It just got announced a few days ago. Yeah, the looks of it are brilliant, gritty retro yet modern visuals. There has been such a resurgence of retro shooters lately (Shootrage comes to mind)

OP
OP

Deleted member 7450

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Glad you guys are enjoying it.
^-^

Had to stop playing because of the laptop I'm stuck with is playing silly ATM. Gosh I miss my rig. :/

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
James and Mike from Cinemassacre just played this for their newest episode of James & Mike Mondays.

The game is getting some decent coverage, which is cool.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I'm having a blast with this. Played maybe three levels now, and it's a lot of fun. Great art and music (whether they're new or lifted from existing games), really interesting level design and a solid challenge.