• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Imur

Jan 4, 2018
I really want to, but I am afraid I will regret it IF the new Design really releases in September.

More Background:

I have a Galaxy S9 right now and it's fine, I don't have any good to say about it, but it works. I never had an iPhone before but I bought an iPad pro in the last year and I really like it, so I was thinking about buying an iPhone in 2020. After realizing the normal iPhone doesn't even have Full HD I wanted to wait until September, hopefully with an better iPhone 12. But now I can't go to work or see friends and am really bored out, even if I enjoy all the new games, but I want something new and exciting. Normally paying 1000+ for a phone is nuts for me, but I'm ok with it right now, because I just want something new and I can afford it, so whatever. My only fear: the iPhone 12 could be amazing with it's new design IF it will release in September. No one can knows that with corona and everything.

Can you understand my struggle? Maybe it sounds really dumb for some of you right now, but I'm in the lucky position, that I don't have to be afraid about my Job even if the crisis will go on.

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
If you're buying it just for the novelty and excitement of it, rather than out of necessity, I would probably wait until the new models come out and then decide. You're already able to play with whatever iOS games and apps you're interested in on your iPad, so I'd think whatever fun you're going to get out of having an iPhone as well is going to be pretty fleeting.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
If money isn't an issue and you want it now I say get it.

It's pointless to worry about what might come when it's months away. I doubt whatever changes will be that big of a game changer, and even if it is you can always trade in your iPhone for whatever the new one is.

Oct 28, 2017
I wouldn't, save your money. You can always buy an iPhone when the market has recovered. However given your situation if you need or want it and can afford it, go ahead just be smart about it.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I got the 11 last week, but only because I've had the 6s for 3 years and the battery life was killing me. If you really need it then sure.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Since you're coming from an S9 no. If it was an older phone I'd recommend. But just wait for the 12.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait for the 12 Pro. Tons of rumored features being added. It'll be a big leap and it's only half a year away.

AlwaysSalty

The Fallen
Nov 12, 2017
I hear they are doing a major redesign(metal edges) for the 12. That plus 5g and potential usb-c, make it a no brainer for me.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
There's a new one coming in less than 6 months of the last 10 years are any indication so wait OP Imur

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
120Hz notchless OLED is coming soon, and you're going to want it.

Speaking as someone who has an 11 Pro Max and is waiting to upgrade to a 12 Pro Max.

OP
OP
Imur

Imur

Jan 4, 2018
On a sidenote: why is that you dont like the s9?

It's not that I actively dislike it, but it doesn't mean anything to me. Maybe I'm just bored out after having the S7 and now the 9. Oh, and I really hate the Battery life, It' the worst I ever had.

Thread: I really should wait. I knew it deep inside, but I had to hear it from other people, I guess.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would wait. The next Iphone Pro is supposed to habe quite some new features as well as a new design.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Under the shifting economic climate, I'm not sure if Apple is going to be moving forward on a radical new, expensive version of the iPhone this fall. It might have been the plan all along, but if demand plummets quarter over quarter, they may reign in their plan.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, as the next generation iPhone is supposed to be a much bigger technological leap.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Buying an iPhone Pro any time is dumb. $1000 for a phone is ridiculous.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Wait for the 12 Pro, that's what I'm doing while rocking the iPhone 7 I currently have as the previous one broke during a trip (my fault).

Feb 1, 2018
New iPhones are coming in Sep/Oct, but the Pro is a really nice phone that you won't regret. Smooth and buttery performance, top tier screen, cameras, and build quality.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was dumb to buy the 11 Pro models on Day One, IMO. You can see that by looking at what happened with the XS Pro. Apple has given up on selling them from the moment they launched the 11, and the handsets themselves were instantly outclassed by the new base model. So you're paying a $400-500 premium for a handset that will not really retain much resale value and will be surpassed within a year (6 months at this point).

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Always wait if you can.

You will regret getting it now in October (assuming they release it on time) when the new shit drops and you people side talking or taking advantage of whatever the fuck the newest feature is.

OP
OP
Imur

Imur

Jan 4, 2018
Well...I decided to wait. But now there are new rumors, saying the new iPhone could be delayed for months. Now I'm back at struggling. :/

Menchin

Apr 1, 2019
Save your money for things that are actually important

If you really feel like you can't live without a new phone, at least wait until the new one releases

Keuja

Oct 27, 2017
Buy it if you take a lot of photos and need a great point and shooter right now. If it's not that important to you, not worth it.

Cheeky

Oct 30, 2017
zacXbEi.png

buyersguide.macrumors.com

MacRumors Buyer's Guide: Know When to Buy iPhone, Mac, iPad

This page provides a product summary for each Apple model. The intent is to provide our best recommendations regarding current product cycles, and to provide a summary of currently available rumors for each model. This page is based on rumors and speculation and we provide no guarantee to its...

kazinova

Oct 27, 2017
Being at home right now is making it clear that the wifi on my iPhone 7 Plus is dying, I want nothing more than to replace it right now (I was trying to hold out until September/October) but I've come back to the conclusion that I need to suck it up and wait. No sense in buying a $1000+ dollar device if I don't know what my employment status will be in the next month.