• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysterio79

Oct 25, 2017
At the very least we should see gameplay of (already announced games) Smash, Bayo 3, Prime 4, and Pokemon, plus whatever other first and third party surprises we have in store.

Also, on the Sony side can't wait to see more of TLOU2 and RDR2

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2017
It's gonna be great, they've been on a roll and I only expect them to carry that momentum with them out of e3.

shancake

Managing Editor ‑ Press Start
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
There's no way we're seeing gameplay for those four games, so judging by what you're expecting, I'd say it's very possible for them not to kill it.

Master Chuuster

GamingBolt.com
Verified
Dec 14, 2017
We don't know for sure if anything other than Smash or Pokemon is gonna show up. It may or may not, it's all up in the air with Nintendo right now. So yeah, it's entirely possible.

H-I-M

Banned
Apr 26, 2018
The only one confirmed is Smash, and if it is actually their only big AAA for 2018 and on top of that looks like a enhanced Smash 4, which itself was an enhanced Brawl...

Nov 27, 2017
Never underestimate Nintendo and their ability to come out and announce a bunch of crap no one asked for.

This is a new Nintendo though so I doubt it. They're going to kill it with awesome stuff this year.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
It's actually completely possible, in fact, I'm not ruling it out at all that over half the stuff in the OP isn't even mentioned.

Nintendo has a shit ton of stuff in the pipeline, but they could totally opt to not show a majority of it and instead focus on Smash and it'd be completely in character for them to do so, yet ERA would act surprised and spout "Nintendoomed."

Threads like this do not help in managing expectations.

okayfrog

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Smash: It'll be a Wii U port
Bayo 3, Pokemon, MP4: Not shown 'cause they're 2019 games

Boom, E3's ruined.

Oct 25, 2017
Australia. Nintendo Land
they killed it with smash in a direct, they are definitely going to kill it at e3, i do believe games that we haven't even thought of are going to be teased and released, and i think Sony and Microsoft are going to have an amazing e3 too :)

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
Never underestimate Nintendo's ability to botch things while riding a wave of success. I mean, this is the same company that thought Metroid (specifically, Prime) fans would somehow be okay with Metroid Prime: Federation Force. That said, I expect Nintendo to have a strong showing at E3, as long as Nintendo has an understanding as to what fans expect from the aforementioned games.

BlandrewYT

Nov 27, 2017
Only real thing they could do that is somewhat possible, is have Smash 4 be an enhanced port(which I doubt).

Retro Studios not showing up would also be disappointing, but not enough to kill an entire show.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
I fully expect
Smash Switch gameplay
Pokemon Switch reveal
Metroid 4 cg trailer
Bayonetta 3 gameplay

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
Well if you don't care about those games then it's not going to be a killer direct.
For me the last few pokemon entries have been poor so I'm not hyped for that. Smash will have to show some interesting single player stuff to get me on board. I am very interested in what metroid looks like though.

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, it's certainly possible.
I'll get it but Smash is not my favorite thing in the world like it is many.
Prime 4, if shown, scares me as it's not by Nintendo or Retro alone.
Animal Crossing being even teased would act to calm all my concerns as I love the series.

John Omaha

Oct 25, 2017
"Any reason why the WiiU *won't* dominate Japan?"

Delete this fucking thread right now unless you want to jinx it again.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Sure, it's possible. But probably unlikely unless you don't care about Smash Bros., FE, Pokémon, etc.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
It is completely "possible". For one thing, the event is confirmed to feature only 2018 releases, so Prime 4 is most likely a no-show. I think Bayo 3 is probably a 2019 game as well. And Pokémon will not be there unless it is revealed separately this month; TPC likes to unveil their games themselves.

On the other hand, we are confirmed to get a ton of Smash 5, which will be hype af. Fire Emblem is by all accounts still on track for this year, and that reveal would be super exciting for me. Animal Crossing might appear, which is always popular. And, since Nintendo is actually capable of keeping secrets, who knows what crazy stuff will be revealed completely out of nowhere.

So yes, it could be great. But it could also just be decent. The only thing that is certain is that it will not go exactly like you or I expect. That uncertainty is the magic of E3.

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo has a ton of ammo to really knock it out of the park.

With that said, one thing about Nintendo is never underestimate their uncanny ability to fuck up what should be golden opportunities for them. Not that I think they will in this instance, but just saying.

dagger

Nov 21, 2017
probably not, but i remember thinking that there was no way they wouldn't have an amazing conference back in 2011 (and "win" e3 (lol?)) after a year of secrecy on the wii u, and that conference was err... kind of underwhelming.

here's hoping they won't repeat that, though; i have faith.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Smash is a port of the Wii U game.

Pokémon is coming 2019. It looks like Sun and Moon.

Prime 4 has barely started development.

Bayonetta 3 has been toned down for a broader audience.

Yoshi is the big E3 focus.

Done.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, it's more than possible.

Pokemon and Prime 4 could both very well be absent. I actually think that's more likely than not.

Even if Nintendo does have a lot in development, I don't think they would show it all at E3. They tend to space out their announcements over the year (and closer to release) rather than just at E3.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
It's all preference.

I thought last year's E3 was techincally good, but personally disappointing. Only Mario+ Rabbids and SR was cool. The rest were meh (for me)

This year. Yeah, they'll kill it for me. Fire Emblem and Smash. All I need.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Smash could end up being a disappointment for various reasons (for instance, huge cuts getting an early confirmation).
Everything else is not confirmed.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
It's possible but I think it's very unlikely, they would really have try to hold stuff back.

We get teasers/trailers for everything and conference ends with Goku announced for Smash imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.