• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GreatBritton

Oct 29, 2017
I'm hoping for just a couple years, however their last outing left a sour taste in my mouth. I felt the hand-holding was too extreme.

Millori

Oct 29, 2017
Despite the success of 5, I hope they take their time with 6.

It would be understandable if they wanted to push something out sooner, but rushing the immense amount of effort that 5 would have taken will surely involve cutting certain corners.

On the other hand, as mentioned, they now have the experience and tools available to them to streamline the process. Haven't really read into what changes hit their creative team, though.

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
To be fair they made Catherine between that, which came out in 11'. Also, now that they have so many demon models made I imagine they're going to be reusing the fuck outta those assets. Don't know how much time that would shave off for the next game though.

Many of them are probably being reused for SMT V I'd assume.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm thinking 4-5 years. Worse comes to worse, Atlus will give it to another team while the current one tries to get Re Fantasy out. Not quite striking while the iron's hot, but not leaving it to languish for a decade.

Vexii

Oct 31, 2017
UK
I'd say, optimistically that we'd be looking at about 3 or 4 years.

I also know that I'm incredibly wrong and that breaks my heart

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
You know they are gonna milk P5 for all its worth. They did the same for P4 and they were rolling in cash. Why wouldn't they do the same here?

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
With the amount of projects they're currently working on (SMTV, Project Fantasy, Persona Q2, P3D, P5D, maybe another Etrian game as well) it's probably going to be a while.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How about they make something new and original instead? Crazy idea, I know.

(Yes, they made Catherine, but that's my point, they should do more random-ass ideas like that. We already know they can.)

yammosk

Oct 30, 2017
At the rate I am going it is going to take me nine years to finish it (loving it none the less) so that works for me! lol

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
IIRC, the CEO mentioned they were already hard at work on the next entry / making sure the release gap wasn't as huge in their JP recruitment material a while back. I don't think late 2018 is out of the question with a sequel closer to the P3->P4 jump, than the P4->P5 one.

How about they make something new and original instead? Crazy idea, I know.

(Yes, they made Catherine, but that's my point, they should do more random-ass ideas like that. We already know they can.)

That's literally why they started Studio Zero. Like, that's their mission statement.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
No, cause that shit is never coming out, I'm not stupid

We're gonna get:
Persona 4 Sequel
Persona 4 Arena Sequel
Persona 5 Platinum
Persona 5 Arena
Persona 5: The Platinum Arena

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
4-5 years sounds about right.

The game is like 100 hours long, will take me that long to finish it in any case. I think a 4-5 year cycle is great for many reasons:

1 - The core loop and narrative is fairly similar, so doing it more often would be repetitive
2 - Building a huge new plot and setting takes a long time, and the depth of the settings is enormous
3 - All the spin offs and merchandise add to the experience in the years following the core game - Anime, Dancing, Arena, Q, maybe more in the future

So I'd look at the roadmap something like this

2017 - Persona 5 release
2018 - Persona 5 Dancing + Anime
2019 - Persona 5 Q and Arena
2020 - Announcement of Persona 6
2021 - Persona 6

Could also have one extra year of teasing, that would take Persona 6 to 2022.
This is realistic and depressing. :-(

Li bur

Oct 27, 2017
Look, i love me some persona action, but let them take their time. They can milk it all they want but please make the main line entry good.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I came in this thread to be super bummed... but then I thought about that team making a "Catherine 2" (doesn't have to be a sequel to that, but a game in a similar vein) and holy crap, I now have a much more anticipated (fake? :[ ) game to be hyped about.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
I don't think so, not this time. Especially after the huge success of Persona 5

Chamomile

Oct 25, 2017
I highly doubt this.

Considering that Persona is their flagship franchise, and they now have the developer tools and experience on hand to make development easier, I expect Atlus to kick it into high gear. I can see them outsourcing all of the spinoff-Persona titles (Arena, Dancing, etc.) to other developers, and them churning out Persona sequels every 2 or 3 years.

Shadow Yuk

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
I don't mind getting Persona 6 in 5-6 years, as long as they mantain the same level of P5.
Realistically speaking, tehy'll gonna milk P5 like they did with 4 before we can get something, is gonna take long

Vaser

Oct 31, 2017
Which will be released first, Project Re:Fantasy or Persona 6?

Personally, I hope Re:Fantasy. It's the first Atlus game I'm excited for and I hope it will be completely different from all their other games, especially Persona which is incredibly off-putting for me. Basically, the closer they make it to Final Fantasy, the better:p