• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
i mean I've played my share of open world games. But this is just...I dunno where to even start.

I reached chapter 2. The intro was terrible. The controls are far too obtuse to just pick up and start playing. It will take me hours to get used to these controls. Simple actions like holding down a button while you press another to execute for simple actions is not good design. It's just cimbersome and clunky.

Anyway I got access to free roam finally after the boring first chapter. I don't wanna go the story missions yet as they seem the least appealing part of the game judging by chapter 1. The characters are unlikeable and there's way too much dialogue that isn't interesting to listen to. Way too much travelling with nothing happening except dialogue.

Anyway so I started wandering around on chapter 2 just to get used to the controls. I like the fact games doesn't hold your hand. But Im struggling to figure out what to do as there seems to a lot to even the basic systems?

I also can't figure out the controls and weird gameplay systems.

Like I hunted a deer in chapter 2 which was fun. That's all I done though in one hour. The game is slow paced as hell but I feel like I haven't even made a dent if it's gonna take this long to do even that. Although I felt sorry for the deer because i have a cat and it behaved so realistic when it got hit by an arrow I felt bad. But anyway do I skin it and put it in my horse? Or do I just put it on my horse before skinning it?

When I arrived back at camp with my deer and pelt (i had decided to skin it) I didn't know what to do with it. Where do I go to get rid of it? So I have to carry it somewhere? But the horse isn't allowed in the camp yet the game doesn't make it clear either. This is one of those games that doesn't tell you more than once about it's systems. If you miss what they tell you you're screwed.

What's the difference between donate items, or give food from deer, or ask for money? There are so many options I really dunno which is good for what. It's so overwhelming.

I have items too, why would I wanna donate a watch to the camp? When I donate I can get cash instead or just donate for free. But what's the difference and why wouldn't I want to get cash?

I just feel like I'm playing the game wrong. I'm supposed to do things but I actually do not know where to even begin and because it's had badly explained tutorials or things that aren't even explained so far and has a slow pace I feel like I'm playing it wrong.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Don't want to thread whine. But did this really need it's own thread and couldn't of just been put in the giant OT?

MisterBear

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Is it just me? (20 threads about the same thing later).

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
Threads like these make me wonder how some even play games at all.

Sola1r3

Jun 20, 2018
In my case I found out that the more I was playing and getting used to the game's systems the more I enjoyed the game and also chapter 2 is pretty early in the game so I say give it time and that feeling may go away just like it did for me.

James_liv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
The tutorials are great but they're integrated into the story missions.

Do them, they help a lot.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Yeah man it's just you. I've read every post in the OT and haven't heard any complaints at all. I don't know what to tell you breh.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
i just finished ch1, this feels like a slow burn game, where you relax, enjoy the atomsphere and play the game and get absorbed

im not going to worry about figuring everything out right now, it feels like it's slowly introducing all the systems as i play too.

reading your post just sounds like you want it to handhold you, no offense

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can help out with these.

I also can't figure out the controls and weird gameplay systems.

You'll learn through experience, give it time.

Like I hunted a deer in chapter 2 which was fun. That's all I done though in one hour. The game is slow paced as hell but I feel like I haven't even made a dent if it's gonna take this long to do even that. Although I felt sorry for the deer because i have a cat and it behaved so realistic when it got hit by an arrow I felt bad. But anyway do I skin it and put it in my horse? Or do I just put it on my horse before skinning it?

I don't know if it matters when you skin it, but carcasses do eventually go rotten so you should get them to camp or a butcher to sell fairly quickly.

When I arrived back at camp with my deer and pelt (i had decided to skin it) I didn't know what to do with it. Where do I go to get rid of it? So I have to carry it somewhere? But the horse isn't allowed in the camp yet the game doesn't make it clear either. This is one of those games that doesn't tell you more than once about it's systems. If you miss what they tell you you're screwed.

You give it to the camp cook, Pearson, also some places allow you to sell the meat there.

verygooster

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I'm also on chapter two and every question you ask in your OP is explained and there's also a Help section explaining its systems.

But also it just seems like you're putting pressure on yourself where you don't need to. Outside straight failing missions there doesn't seem to be a wrong way to play the game. Don't want to donate a watch to camp? Don't. Pocket that shit for money. Same with game and pelt.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
I like the open world and the slow pace of all the things you can do in it. Story wise I feel like it really gets going in chapter 3.

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
If you post a good topic in the OT then you're bound to get a response. If nobody replies then...maybe it wasn't such a great post.

Genrally true, but not really true for these huge release OTs. Things get buried quickly as so many, myself included, are just posting our thoughts as we play, and not reading many other posts. Much else the tons of pages of new posts since our last visit.

There's certainly little sustained discussion on any specific topic very often during launch windows of these huge releases. The causal charring mqurariin asking etc makes that tough.

I'd love see major releases get subforums for a couple weeks or a month to allow several threads to let discussions flourish on specific aspects of the game rather than have just an OT and a review thread or clutter in the main forum are from allowing more than those there.

Status
Not open for further replies.