• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hal9001

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Passed by the store and some of the action figures are on sale. Do you think Disney has a sale problem with the new trilogy? I know it's anecdotal but they don't seem to have the same pull power as the classic Luke, Han and Leia toys of the past. Seems kids are not really excited for a Hux toy.

d7ab7f5b-3b05-4a6b-aea7-bc6fcfdeeed8
MLTEPeV.jpg

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean were kids excited for Tarkin toys back in the day?

If Han Solo sucks as much ass as I suspect it will, Disney/Lucasfilm/Star Wars is in for a rough time as far as mindshare goes.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Domnhall Gleeson having a toy is hilarious. I should go buy one for posterity's sake.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
I mean it's Rose and Hux, what did you expect? I think the toys and merchandise sold extremely well back in 2015 and 16 for TFA.

RSTEIN

Nov 13, 2017
I have not been impressed with Last Jedi toys at all. My 7 year old son doesn't want any of it except for maybe Kylo Ren's tie fighter.

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
The Hux and Poe toys have extra value, because they double as Ex Machina action figures as well. Kids love Ex Machina.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Isn't the quality pretty bad too? Was looking at the Poe X-Wing from Hasbro and it sucks compared to my old OT X-Wing one.

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Besides bb8 or Kylo Ren are there any cool new vehicles or characters? The toys I see at target all look pretty bland. What's my kid gonna do with a Poe Dameron toy?

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, if I was an 8 year old I'd probably gravitate towards Rey, Finn, and Kylo Ren before General Hux or Rose

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I frequent the stores quite a bit hoping for new figures or what not and I have the impression that things are selling well. You are always going to get individual characters that don't fly of the shelves ... the pegwarmers this time seem to be Rose and Hux and maybe C-3P0. This years figures are really nice, feels like better material and sculpting. I think the Paige figure is one of the best, with a removeable helmet and and attachable breathing mask. The Chewbacca figure in this line is probably the best 3.75 inch version they've ever made and it comes with an adorable porg. I bought 2 different Rey figures for one of my nieces who is 4 and her eyes about popped out of her head when she opened them for Christmas.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
As a former kid who got star wars toys at every christmas and birthday I have to say I would probably get a Hux if I needed some sort of commander/officer in my army though I have an imperial officer so...maybe not. Definitely wouldn't get a rose toy lol I'm fighting wars here. I would get troopers in every variant for both sides as well as some lightsaber people. Also I would be all over the new red guards. For me as a kid it was all about creating my own battles and squads so I needed troopers.

I think this is the real issue, they probably sell to older fans more than who they are intended for.
I think older fans are buying nicer ones than the 3.75 figures. Probably the black series or similar.

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
The most perplexing thing to me is why Disney is pushing BB-9E so hard. It showed up in TLJ for a grand total of 5 mins and yet Disney are pushing BB-9E merchandise almost as much as BB-8.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like the iPad has completely eradicated kids' interest in most toys.

Sectorseven

Oct 25, 2017
I had a General Veers figure that was pretty neat. Then again, he was the kind of imperial you'd fear rather than laugh at.

Status
Not open for further replies.