• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 28, 2017
I am hurting this year and bad. I normally do ok with just some OTC stuff but I guess Mother Nature has my number the she is calling me names!

I had a holistic eye wash that helped with the itchy eyes but i lost it years ago. You guys have any tips.

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
I started talking Claritin every day starting in like mid March to prepare for it (New York); it's come in pretty strong here. Even with antihistamine going full, I'm definitely feeling it. I have like another 2 months of this I think where I am. help.

Keep your windows closed, take shower when you get back home so you can get shit off you... that's my tips.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
It's not just you. I'm using my inhaler twice as much as usual.

Of course it doesn't help that my bunnies eat hay that I'm deadly allergic to, but the air outside is brutal too.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
You probably skipped an entire Allergy season due to Covid lockdowns, your body hates you and is giving you 2x this year in retribution

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
God yes, I'm dying over here. Fuck off, plants, stop with the fucking.

OP
OP
Soapbox Killer
Oct 28, 2017
You probably skipped an entire Allergy season due to Covid lockdowns, your body hates you and is giving you 2x this year in retribution

You might be right cause I don't remember last year being bad at all. This year, It's almost to the point of using the Benadryl but I would have to call out of work cause I get super loopy and require at least 4 hours of day sleep if I take it.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
It's fucking terrible, yeah. I didn't sleep at all last night. Barely the night before that. My right eye swelled up like a red balloon over the weekend. I hate this time of year.

Last edited:

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Worst ever for me. I take 1 loratidine tablet daily, might need to up the dosage or switch out.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure if it's worse this year or if I just haven't had a cold or flu due to both being lower due to larger mask wearing so it just seems worse than usual with no other respiratory illness to compare it to.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019

This is what I'm thinking. Locking down and actually following guidelines might mean getting hit harder with other benign shit once we start going back out again.

But I'm no doctor lol

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
It's been awful in Houston lately.

Save the bees so they can save me from this pollen.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Yep, really bad this year. Nose is clogged up, barely getting any sleep. Taking the one loratadine a day but it's not helping much, just stops the sniffling for the most part.

OP
OP
Soapbox Killer
Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if wearing a mask outside stops us from building a tolerance that which would have otherwise occurred more naturally?

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
Mine have been terrible this year. My asthma has flared up, eyes constantly watering, congestion, sinus headaches, sore throats. It's been absolutely horrible.

mutt

Dec 28, 2020
mine actually haven't hit hard yet this year. it's still early though.

or maybe I've been more proactive with my nightly neti pots, I usually wait until they're terrible to do anything about them

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
It is already hitting me. Usually don't start having to spray my nose until June. I hate this. I need to go back to getting my allergy shots again.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
I got hit hard this last weekend. Sneezing, runny nose, headache, etc. I can usually power through it, but I bit the bullet and bought some 24hr meds and they seem to be working so far.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
It's so bad I'm doing the old "press finger against one nostril while blasting shit out the other". I never usually do that. Feels pretty cathartic though.

Jul 26, 2018
Omg it was a nightmare for me yesterday through today

Was at the park doing my regular workputs. Then I kept sneezing for over a minute straight and my eyes were watery. I had to stop and go home.

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
It's actually surprisingly tame for me this year. I think my college campus had many trees I was allergic to but since classes moved online I ain't having none of that.

talkingood

Oct 27, 2017
I did a full day of heavy yard work a couple weeks back and I have been sneezing and stuffed up ever since. :( Also have that awful itch in the back of my throat, ugh.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
luckily i don't have an allergies. but pollen just collecting all over the place and bugs coming out. im already over it.

VG Aficionado

Nov 6, 2017
Nature has reclaimed more terrain within the last year with the lockdowns and whatnot, resulting in humans taking less care of plants and trees and letting them reproduce more intensely than a couple years back.

I did notice some very dense pollen clouds that I had never seen before. Good thing I got vaccinated against grass years ago, it's made a lot of a difference.

This is an especially messy plant bukkake this year.
That's... a way to put it, LOL!

Surakian

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's definitely not great. Burning noses and lungs, watery eyes...I'm really happy I haven't had burning eyes and full on sinus issues from it like I normally do but it's definitely way worse than last year...

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
The first week or so of symptoms this year was pretty bad for me, but I've been doing OK since.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
My eyes have been horrible this year. The worst I have ever had it. Also the stuffiest of noses. Sucks