• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

OldDirtyGamer

Apr 14, 2019
w10 store has given me nothing but problems since ive tried using it. Now the Xbox app is just as bad. I cant even dl games without an error code on the xbox app. Sure, its beta....but its tied to the w10 store which is not beta and also gives me the same crap.

This is the only platform on Pc that I have ever had issues with. What is your experience with these stores?

Oct 27, 2017
Havent had any issues with the beta app at all, and ive downloaded a few different games, the only issue I had was a crash at the beggining of wolfenstein but only happened once.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Windows Store is ugly and feels very clunky but has been functional enough. I quite like the Xbox Beta. No problems with it outside of slower than usual download speeds, but that's something I also feel on Xbox and a lot of others complain about.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
No issues with xbox app, which is a good sign considering it's beta

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
The new Xbox beta app has been perfect for me so far.

E: The Microsoft Store always gave me issues though whenever I had to use it. Glad I don't have a use for it now.

Ryu bogard

Nov 23, 2017
The windows store is junk but the Xbox beta has been running great for me. I have had no issues installing games.

OP
OP
OldDirtyGamer

OldDirtyGamer

Apr 14, 2019
It seems it wont DL to my external SSD. I switched back to main drive and it worked. Is there any know issues with this?

PepperedHam

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
I have an issue with the Xbox beta app that supposedly the only fix for is doing a fresh install of Windows 10 (already tried an in place reinstall that let's you keep programs/apps, didn't work) to repair and if there's no way for them to fix this with a patch (I can't install games from the app that requires admin access for whatever reason, tried every troubleshoot under the sun) then I won't be able to tell you if the app is good or not. As of now it doesn't function for a lot of the games on the Game Pass for me so it might as well not exist in my life. Which is a shame because Game Pass PC was my favorite thing from E3. I just can't be assed to do a fresh install and lose my game installs. I just got into Oculus a few weeks ago and am deep into some of those games and having to redownload and re-install all the PC stuff I play is not worth it for me to use this shit.

Fingers crossed for a fix on their end because I'm not going the extra mile to use this hunk when I shouldn't have to.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Technically, no issues so far.

Only issues I started to have was my download would stop at 2% for a game every time. had no Idea why... Until I actually clicked the "Error message" button and found out my 500gb SSD was filled up lmao

Beta has been flawless so far

Oct 25, 2017
Metro download was fucked yesterday but worked fine today, I've also downloaded a dozen other games with no trouble.

snail_maze

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't tried the beta yet but windows store has always been junk. So mamy problems when I tried using it so far, even stuff like changing language is a chore

True Prophecy

Oct 28, 2017
ugh. I cant complain too much since its beta but w10 store is not. Hopefully things get worked out.

Just a heads up windows 10 really prefers you set your storage options for apps not installed on the main drive.

So go to settings storage apps and change the default install location to what drive you want.

Downside is all apps and games going forward will also install to that drive.

But it worked for me.

Also depending on your errors a refresh of the OS is worth it

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What errors are you getting?

In my experience a lot of "optimize your PC!" software or guides online like to fuck up essential background processes and services the Store and Xbox apps use to function. That shit's a major cause of a lot of these problems imo

Kilgore

Feb 5, 2018
Xbox Beta App has been fine for me and I have had zero problems with the PC games I've launched. Windows Store is a mistake but we already knew that.

anastiel

Banned
Mar 14, 2019
I could not download Halo, I formatted the computer and installed linux, I will stay in the same steam.

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's the update, you may have to reset Windows 10 through the Recovery menu and then update it to get it to work. I had to myself because the new update broke my right-click/context menu whenever I'd did it over a file/folder in Explorer on top of having issues downloading.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
No issues with new app, luckily never had a problem with the windows store. That sounds like a not so solid store front but it works for me.

m29a

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly haven't run into any issues, even before the new app. It always just worked like I expected it to.

I think that some programs people use like those optimizers and privacy programs that mess core parts of how the OS works and as a result errors happen. I'm not saying that's the case here, but many people assume that those tools won't result in any issues down the line.

OP
OP
OldDirtyGamer

OldDirtyGamer

Apr 14, 2019
Just a heads up windows 10 really prefers you set your storage options for apps not installed on the main drive.

So go to settings storage apps and change the default install location to what drive you want.

But it worked for me.

Thanks ill give that a shot tomo.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Had to reinstall windows to make it work. Was met with a host of 0x8007... errors even afterwards because I needed to update, but it just gave me inexplicable errors instead of telling me to update. The service is sort of ambiguous about a whole bunch of shit. Many of people reporting serious problems with Metro Last Light (it's average score right now is like 2.5/5, with a lot of 1 star reviews owing exclusively to crashing and installation difficulties). It's a mess. But for a dollar, I'll put up with a mess.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

But it worked for me.

I'm extremely wary of any software that asks the enduser to reinstall their goddamned OS as a common troubleshooting step. That's already a thing with the Windows 10 store and it's disappointing to see the same thing with the beta app.

I understand why Microsoft would want to do it but forcing people to be on a bleeding-edge version of Windows to even install a program is a terrible idea.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
The Xbox beta is good if all you have is Gamepass. Everything you need is there sand displayed nicely.

The biggest issues it has is no achievement support in-overlay/app and no way to add other MS Store owned titles to it. At bare minimum, all Xbox Titles with Xbox Live Features should be on the beta Gamepass app. Whether they're Gamepass or not (there's already some like outerwilds).

The windows store is still pretty whatever though, legitimately easier to just use the website to find and buy what you want. So a lot of work still needs to happen with that.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
w10 store has given me nothing but problems since ive tried using it. Now the Xbox app is just as bad. I cant even dl games without an error code on the xbox app. Sure, its beta....but its tied to the w10 store which is not beta and also gives me the same crap.

This is the only platform on Pc that I have ever had issues with. What is your experience with these stores?
So far I only used it to download update for Forza Horizon 4 and the download crashed every few seconds. Turns out I needed some extra windows update, then restart, then the download worked in stable manner.

I hope they decouple this app from UWP and windows download infrastructure completely in the future so it is independent like Steam and can actually work normally.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just you. It's still got a few issues (it's a beta after all) but it works pretty great on a relatively unimpressive laptop.

KyngKee

Oct 25, 2017
Xbox App works great for me. It is in beta and could use some more features, but it's way better than the old store...