• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Just bought Nitro Fueled for the Switch and I am supperhappy with how it looks, even in handheld mode. I really prefer the "squared" look of the models against the ultra agressive antialiasing the used in N Sane Trilogy. And IRC both games run at the same resolution.

Are developers getting to know Switch capabilities? Did they have more time to prepare the Switch version this time?

Spyro is next :)

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I agree. The lighting looks better, there's more detail, and it just plain looks better. Also helps it's full 3D and not the linear 3D like in N. Sane Trilogy.

Spyro's the big test, and apparently Nintendo World Report played it just prior to E3 and came away very impressed.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
It looks way better than the trilogy on PS4 as well, especially in terms of background detail.

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
It was given a bigger budget, scope and the Switch port was done at Beenox and not sourced to Toys for Bob.

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
Plus they were able to work off the shoulders of the assets created for the N. Sane trilogy and improve from there. The backgrounds are littered with creatures and enemy types from the trilogy
Yeah, but there is a ton of new assets as well and Vicarious Visions helped in the creation of some of those new assets (example)

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I already thought the trilogy looked great on Switch personally, so I'm curious. Too bad I don't have money, and likely won't have money for Spyro either, but they'll be mine some day.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The lighting is way better in Nitro Fueled. The lighting in N Sane Trilogy could be really off.