• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
OP, just before dying of severe blood loss out of his ass: I should make a weekend era thread about poop, there is not enough of those

Oct 27, 2017
It is one of the most baffling things around here to me.

Like, minor things I can understand wanting to avoid paying costs for, but it seems it's often things of this caliber.
It's expensive and you never know how much until three months later with some ridiculous bill for something you didn't even know about.

OP
OP
Dali

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
At least I went to doctor (even if bad one) before making thread about bleeding lol.

I think you got something wrong in your intestines. Dark red blood is always bad compared to fresh red.
I don't know how to describe it. It wasn't dark like a liver looks. Let's say "very" red.

I have good insurance but honestly I don't want to go to a doctor when I feel fine. It's something I'll bring up with him though.

White Glint

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bright red blood isn't always something relatively minor either. When I was first diagnosed with Crohn's 10 years ago, most of the blood was bright red.

n00bs7ay3r

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
why do people make topics when the obvious answer is go to the hospital and or see a doctor
It is so dumb that I end up thinking the obvious answer is that they are trolling. Like nobody is shitting out large amounts of blood and their first thought is "lets see what ERA has to say about this".

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If it's bright red it really isn't a big deal, hemorrhoids can bleed, you can have anal fissures, a doctor's not going to really do anything about any of that. I've had a million instances of things like that, voluminous horrifying bowls full of blood that are terrifying to look at but not really a severe issue.

If it's truly actually dark red like you're saying, that is indeed super serious and you got to get it checked out.

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly depends, if it's bright red blood coating the outside of your poop and the bowl it's prolly hemorrhoids or an anal fissure. If it's dark red blood that's mixed in with the poop and your poop looks plum colored or dark and tarry you're SOL and should visit a doctor right now. That being said depending on the length of your pooping session it could be bright red blood that ended up mixing with poop water so it looks darker than it would coming straight out of your ass.

White Glint

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fissures can end up causing an abscess above your balls by the way. Let me tell you from experience, you dont' want to get your scrotum sliced for two weeks straight walking home with a garden hose width tube lodged into that cool extra anus you got.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
your ass is spewing out blood and you consult the internet?

seriously go to a hospital right now. you could die. i'm not joking.

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
I'm going to assume by "dark" he meant bright red. Like period blood almost. If it's dark like black, you need to log off the internet and get the fuck to an emergency room.

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
I don't know how to describe it. It wasn't dark like a liver looks. Let's say "very" red.

I have good insurance but honestly I don't want to go to a doctor when I feel fine. It's something I'll bring up with him though.
I can't.

Please go get checked out as soon as possible.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
"I don't want to go to a doctor when I feel fine."

Jesus Christ.

And stop listening to people posting "if it's light red, it's less of a concern."

It's blood. That isn't normal. You are not "fine."

Stop listening to people posting on a video game forum about health issues, and go to a doctor. Now.

Prax

Oct 25, 2017

I want a pantone swatch of your blood.
Go finds!

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
I'm going to assume by "dark" he meant bright red. Like period blood almost. If it's dark like black, you need to log off the internet and get the fuck to an emergency room.
any kind of blood dripping out your ass means going to the hospital ASAP.

if it was a some spots on the tissue then yeah ok call a doctor appointment but from OPs description he should be in a hospital.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
No you cant. This is why asking the internet for medical advice is bad.
oh ok i'll just go tell my sister who was hospitalised last weekend because her ass was leaking that she shouldn't have bothered going to the hospital for emergency surgery. the doctor must've been lying to her.

you're right...don't listen to the internet. i actually work in health care so i do know what i'm talking about :)

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
"I don't want to go to a doctor when I feel fine."

Jesus Christ.
I'm reminded of this woman I once saw at the hospital. 80 years old, had a chest wound that, according to her, was from running against a window corner and not healing properly.
What was it? (kinda disgusting, just warning you)
Breas cancer. Years in the making. Basically an open hole, oozing, seeping, all colours you DON'T want to have going on in that area were there

OP
OP
Dali

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
It is so dumb that I end up thinking the obvious answer is that they are trolling. Like nobody is shitting out large amounts of blood and their first thought is "lets see what ERA has to say about this".
My first thought was, "well that's not normal" but it was 4am and again outside of the cramps from the milk I felt fine. Several hours later and several trips to the bathroom later with no signs of blood I'm not too worried about it so I figured I'd share the experience. If I die dropping a duece just know I went doing what I love.

GDGF

Oct 26, 2017
Dude get to the ER ASAP.

True story here. I got hit by a truck while I was walking to the store a few weeks ago (broken knee, road rash and sore as hell but still alive)
And while I was bleeding in the middle of the street and waiting for the ambulance to arrive I thought "wouldn't it be amazing if I had my phone on me so I could make one of those 'should I go to the ER?' threads? Funny what goes through the mind during times of stress.

Oct 28, 2017
oh ok i'll just go tell my sister who was hospitalised last weekend because her ass was leaking that she shouldn't have bothered going to the hospital. the doctor must've been lying to her.

you're right...don't listen to the internet. i actually work in health care so i do know what i'm talking about :)

I said go to the doctor but dont panic or give in to hysterics. No need to be a smartass.

n00bs7ay3r

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
I said go to the doctor but dont panic or give in to hysterics. No need to be a smartass.
OP is describing large amounts of blood pouring out of their anus. It definitely could be life threatening and they should absolutely go to the ER. What is described is not a "make an appointment with your doctor" situation.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I strongly suggest going to the hospital ASAP OP, this sounds like more than a mere anal fissure, internal bleeding is nothing to joke nor procrastinate about.

You might feel fine NOW, but who knows what's actually happening inside, I'm trying not to sound alarmist but not going right now because you're feeling fine sounds like foolishness to me.

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When I had that same issue at 3am I had to go to the ER where I got diagnosed with Crohn's Disease.

If you're being serious and not just making a weekend era post for the luls, go to the hospital. When I got there they told me I lost a lot of blood and I had to get a blood transfusion. Don't fuck around with that

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Totally normal. I wouldn't give it another thought. And don't tell a doctor. They overreact about fucking everything.

Stick

Oct 30, 2017
Dark red blood and black stools are generally concerning and you should be checked out by a doctor immediately if you have these issues if possible. At least that's from what I gathered when I got worried about bright red blood on my tp and researched for hours on google. I mean I guess if you ain't worried about it then whatever but the way you described it sounds pretty bad

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
Even if it's potentially 'just' an anal fissure, worth getting it checked out to make sure you know it's just an anal fissure. If the blood really was dark then that throws up some flags; that you've been to the toilet later doesn't necessarily count as a sign you're in the clear because well, that stuff can take time to accumulate, and it's typically a symptom, not the actual problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.