• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

unapersson

Oct 27, 2017
I just wanted to make sure I got one before we're hit by Brexit. Who knows what things will be like in January with the current double whammy. One unexpected, one self inflicted.

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
You'd be surprised.

Also manufactured FOMO is a real thing and it's REALLY bad.

This.

I agree with you OP.

Also, _status_. It's something loads of people forget about, but status is a big freakin' deal, even for seemingly mature folks at a mature age. That goes out the window when _status_ is on the line!

Grimsey

Nov 1, 2017
I would've loved to play Demon's Souls again while online/pvp was still in the chaotic first stage. That timeframe is already over and the boring meta is back. Now I have no rush to get a PS5 until GT7 releases because there is not a single game on PS5 (or XSX) right now that I can't play anywhere else.

But I can't say I didn't try to order one. It just wasn't possible. Even knowing the exact time new stock went online didn't help at all. Demand is just too crazy right now and probably long into next year.
I was originally going to say something else but "getting in before the boring meta" actually seems like a totally valid reason.

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
People are different.
Really hard to wait for some and not so hard for others. I wouldn't buy from a scalper to get it right away but I'm ok if others don't have the strength.

RCSI

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I waited until 2016 to get a PS4. Then again, I was trying my luck in the 3080 era Discord server after launch. Depends on what my needs are and how many weeks in advanced I want something. I was always planning to get the 3080 in the Fall, PS5 is for 2021 and Xbox is several years after that.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
CluelessDismalArthropods-size_restricted.gif

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
I was getting some initial fomo once the buzz started here at launch and all the DeS screens and videos started to spread but I've since gotten over it. I still want a PS5 but I suck at Souls games and have no interest in the other launch games so there's zero reason for me to get one now. Will be more tempted once 2077 gets its next gen patch, ditto for TLOU II. Once Horizon Forbidden West comes out then I really won't be able to wait any longer :P

All that said I'm still very interested in experiencing the Dualsense, sounds like a legit next gen leap wrt haptic feedback.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Thats one overly simplistic and insultingly reductive take.

Its been a shitty year for a lot of people and bah gawd we are stuck in-doors for what seems like the foreseeable future.

Looking down your nose at people for 'being impatient' when we don't know when we will be able to physically go to stores...is something.

I bought my PS4 in April 2014 - I didn't buy a mid-gen Pro and now nearly 7 years later - it is clunky, slow and loud AF -

susM5PR.gif

SuzanoSho

Dec 25, 2017
I never understand why people like you don't seem to get that humans, who typically are subject to very human wants, like to have things that they've been waiting to get their hands on (FOR MONTHS) as soon as possible...

Even less how someone would confuse this for a lack of interests. It doesn't even make sense as a conclusion, aside from someone desperately attempting to be holier-than-thou on the internet...

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly had no hype for PS5 and didn't even want one until it dropped and was impossible to find one. I'm still not even that excited for any of the launch titles, yet here I am trying to get one every time there's a drop like every other asshole out here. I'm willing to wait it out though, no way I'm paying the scalper prices.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
It should be really easy with the ps5 and xsx, there are like no games out for em.

Demon's souls is great but not worth paying 2x retail for a ps5 for when the other option is just waiting a month or two

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
it's the holidays during the apocalypse.. GL finding about anything

i keep checking my phone in hopes i can snag a PS5 though i know chances are 0.133% of success. it's whatever, i have a Pro not like that can't coast me 6+ months

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I am going to assume the people paying higher prices are able to afford it comfortably enough. I don't see why it's a problem if they want to spend their money on it. Would I? No. But I wouldn't call it a lack of self control without knowing the situation.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
I agree, I think FOMO is a mental health issue that people leave unchecked, because it's somehow cool to constantly think about something that isn't really that important.

OP
OP
ffvorax

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
I never understand why people like you don't seem to get that humans, who typically are subject to very human wants, like to have things that they've been waiting to get their hands on (FOR MONTHS) as soon as possible...

Even less how someone would confuse this for a lack of interests. It doesn't even make sense as a conclusion, aside from someone desperately attempting to be holier-than-thou on the internet...
I do partially understand, I just ask myself if its a huge thing out there, that we are not able to wait for things.
Why? Who is the guilty? Marketing? Internet? Family education?
Maybe its not so big as it seems, but I'm starting to see that is not somethig related only to videogames... so... from a psycological point of view I thing its an interesting matter of our times.