• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
Considering all the Fire Emblem inclusion in the series now, wouldn't it make more sense for Nintendo to rename it to something like Super Slash Bros or something?

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, come on!! Seriously!?

Dude, this is the kind of stuff that reinforces that this generation is completely and utterly lost.
Really? Asking if a game should have a more inclusive is why this generation of human beings is lost?

It's fine if you don't want the name changed. Don't act like it's some great human tragedy for it to be considered.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
It's kinda ironic that the name probably came from nintendo assuming the game wouldn't sell if it didn't sound like a Super Mario Bros. Spinoff.

KOF literally has a fighter named King who is also a girl... Or maybe KOF literally just refers to King?

Hey, remember when King's Schtick was that she was pretending to be a man? Neither do i.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
I almost said no, and then I wondered how a Smash game simply called "Smash" would come off to me, especially if it was a massive gaming event and reveal like Ultimate, and it occurred to me that I'd actually be totally ok with that.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Should Street Fighter be renamed? They clearly don't just fight on streets anymore.

Deleted member 2099

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While it would be nice, but realistically not possible due to it's branding and considering the very base foundation and establishment of the game... I'll let it subside and choose to not let it bother me too much or at all. All that matters is that they put more represent-able female characters in the game to play as and I'll be content.

DmckPower

Feb 1, 2018
Or you can just reinterpret the word bros and make it lose its male association.

She is such a bro, dude!

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Might as well take out "Smash" cuz it means fucking in some parts of the world.

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone getting heated over this is falling right for it. That's the reaction this thread was made to give you. Nobody gives a shit about the name of Smash Bros when there are actual representation issues in games, including Smash itself.

Deleted member 4037

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Super Bash Bros time
4af.jpg

Dymaxion

Sep 19, 2018
It's odd that the title references Super Mario Bros. when the game has more in common with Kirby Super Star. Sakurai should have called it "Hoshi no Dairantou Smash Super Deluxe" /s

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
The original title font was meant to look like super mario bros, with smash exploding over mario.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I don't think so.

It's extremely low impact. Let's say if Smash Brothers became 60 percent female characters and it still had that name? Would it matter? No.

Nov 4, 2018
Call me when they rename Legend of Zelda to Legend of Link, when they rename every Halo game that doesn't have a Halo in it, and when they rename Metroid Fusion despite not having any Metroids in it.

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017
Nah, it's too iconic a brand at this point. Same reason you really can't rename Mario Kart to 'Nintendo Kart' or 'Smash Kart' because they've expanded the roster beyond Mario characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.