• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Yennifer or Triss

• Yennifer

Votes: 349 64.9%
  • Triss

Votes: 131 24.3%
  • I got too greedy and tried for both

Votes: 58 10.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
In an alternate universe where you create your Witcher and their story is entirely player driven, there's a 75% chance I go with Phillipa.

OP
OP
TheGhost

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I mean I just..am having a lot of fun with Triss at this party, the 4 minutes I spent with Yennifer made me feel like she would not want to go run around hedge mazes with me, she would just burn it all down to the ground.

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Triss, really love her in the game's and I enjoyed Geralt and Triss's story so much. Without having read the books going into Witcher 3 there wasn't anything I really liked about Geralt and Yen's relationship - I did feel bad on that ship on the mountain though.

I've really enjoyed Yen on the show, though, she's one of the characters/performances that has carried what is otherwise a very average show.

Twstr709

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't like Yennifer in the game, but I like her a lot in the books/show. So I voted Triss.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yen is the real deal. Is she bad news? Yeah, obv. Is she so extra that she's dreamy? Yes, ofc.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
Triss feels like a side character in season 1 of the show. Hopefully she gets bigger role in next season. But I also think she's miscasted, looking at her I just don't get the feeling that she is Triss.

Jan 4, 2018
Yennefer, 100%. She's such a foil to Geralt and I love it. And Triss has pretty subpar voice acting, the only thing going for her is she's a redhead, but she's not even really the good kind of redhead because it's so obscenely bright.

AbsoluteZero0K

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 6, 2019
It's not just the TV show that's influencing your choice, but the books too. Only the video games leave any question, but all lore points to Yennifer.

Folks who choose other options are certainly being defiant. Remember there are eight books where Yennifer is bae. Additionally, she is a surrogate mother to the saga's other most important character.

Triss, on the other hand is a surrogate sister.

All other women aren't related at all.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Related: I would watch an entire show based upon Yen's story with this actor.

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
I mean I just..am having a lot of fun with Triss at this party, the 4 minutes I spent with Yennifer made me feel like she would not want to go run around hedge mazes with me, she would just burn it all down to the ground.
I too would rather burn down a hedge maze than spend time in it it with the flat board of a personality that is Triss.

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
My only experience is with the games, so due to 1 and 2 Triss all the way.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
CDPR gave Triss more importance than she ever had in the books. She was always a side character.

An example is like if every television adaptation of Spider-Man since the 90s had Gwen Stacy as the main love interest and then they suddenly pushed Mary Jane in the latest series.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Yennefer:
- Headstrong and confident, understands the value in caring for yourself
- Ambitious, working towards goals, always learning and improving her skills
- Career driven, thinking of her future, good at networking
- Assertive, able to deal with Geralt's wishy washy flaky old grumpy Witcher shit directly with no ambiguity
- Genuine motherly, nurturing qualities to those she values as her children, such as Ciri
- Caring and loving, sensual and exciting, in private with her partner
- Draws from literally decades of personal experience, including a traumatic upbringing in poverty, to shape her view of the world and broad empathy for people

Triss:
- Messy drunk
- Knows full well that Yennefer and Geralt are true lovers and takes advantage of Geralt's amnesia anyway to manipulate him into sex
- Has red hair

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Yennefer is clearly canon. Triss' integration into the story is worse, her voice actress is worse, even her Gwent card is worse.

And yet I'll always pick Triss because she is the better person, plain and simple.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
Everyone saying that Yennefer seems abusive is clearly ignoring the fact that Triss was lying to Geralt and abusing his amnesia in the games. It's Yennefer and it will always be her!
We all know it's Shani let's not kid ourselves.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
Triss = Shani >>> Yennefer

I just don't like Yen. Though I like show Yen more than game Yen.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yennefer:
- Headstrong and confident, understands the value in caring for yourself
- Ambitious, working towards goals, always learning and improving her skills
- Career driven, thinking of her future, good at networking
- Assertive, able to deal with Geralt's wishy washy flaky old grumpy Witcher shit directly with no ambiguity
- Genuine motherly, nurturing qualities to those she values as her children, such as Ciri
- Caring and loving, sensual and exciting, in private with her partner
- Draws from literally decades of personal experience, including a traumatic upbringing in poverty, to shape her view of the world and broad empathy for people

Triss:
- Messy drunk
- Knows full well that Yennefer and Geralt are true lovers and takes advantage of Geralt's amnesia anyway to manipulate him into sex
- Has red hair
This is good.

Ramble

Sep 21, 2019
I find boring or disgusting the stories where the hero can have sex with any woman, because those women can't wait to have sex with him. In those stories women are the hero's prize, the warrior's reward, and as such they have nothing to say, they can only moan and faint in the hero's strong arms.

I am convinced that only with contact with the other sex - wether it is cause of attraction, care, confrontation or opposition - a hero can fully grow. When I created Yennefer's character I wanted Geralt to fully grow, but then I decided to make things complicated. I created a female character who refuses to be a fantasy stereotype. To please the reader. - Andrzej Sapkowski

Source

BuBu Jenkins

Oct 27, 2017
User banned (1 month): sexist trolling
2876-1516710339-1157673058.png

1575913216650.png

The choice is obvious

Hark

Oct 29, 2017
I left my first playtheough for 12 months and forgotten I'd had it off with Triss so tried with Yen only to be rudely reminded of my actions.

At least I could genuinely say I had amnesia when explaining myself to Yen hahahha

Teasing_Pink

Oct 25, 2017
Inadvertently went with both, without realizing I was making some kind of permanent decision. Just got swept up in both romance stories in the moment.

Unfortunately, found out the resolution is a sitcom / bad anime quality scene, that was by far the dumbest thing in the game. I'm guessing whoever thought the first game's "Women I've screwed" trading cards was a good idea wrote it.

The one black mark on an otherwise phenomenal game.

SlayerSaint

Jan 6, 2019
I chose Triss in the game (cause she came first and I didn't know how much more I'd come to like Yen). So that says it all imo. Even me as someone who chose Triss regrets it.

Yen is best grill. Especially for Geralt. They fit. It was made up by a djinn, but then the love is still there (unless you choose otherwise you monsters, me included).

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
I would nevvvveeerr go for Yen based on her personality and what she's done, if it were me. Triss would be out too due to that shady rapey stuff she pulled on Geralt. From the game give me Priscilla, all day every day.

But, it's not me, it's Geralt. And Yen is perfect for him. So always Yen.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yennifer is sexier but SO high maintenance, I feel like Geralt would need to bring his A game 24/7 to keep her interested.

Triss is my choice.

Nov 1, 2017
If you went into the games not knowing anything you'll probably end up with Triss. But if you know the books or maybe the TV show, yeah you'll probably go Yen.
Then again maybe hair color trumps all.

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
I always liked Triss more in the games, but honestly she is terrible in the Netflix Series and it's making me appreciate Yen more.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
Even considering only the game materials, which you shouldn't, Triss still took advantage of Geralt's state of mind to initiate a relationship with him knowing he had a thing with a mutual friend. She's hardly a better person.

Status
Not open for further replies.