• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
It's a shitty thing to do, no doubt.

But it's kind of late to be expecting a apology now. You moved on, so I doubt he even remebers it since it something he did so long ago. Since you acted like it was fine I think he didn't know how much it hurt you.

So it's kind of hard for him to realise how badly he hurt you without knowing it did.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
It's not wrong at all, you deserve an apology. But it's a little naive. Chances are he has either forgotten or couldn't give the slightest fuck. Such is life, sorry.

Oct 27, 2017
The person that catfished me when I was a teenager is still using that fake personality on all kinds of social media and psn to prey on teenagers. I forgave "her" at the time and we're still friends but sometimes I see "her" putting on the act and I can't help but shake my head. It's like dude you're a 30 something year old bald white dude pretending to be Yuko Ogura. Give it a rest already.

Sorry I'm venting but your situation is infuriating to me OP. Especially since I can justifiably assume the person that catfished you not only won't feel any remorse for how he hurt you. But, there's also a chance he'll try to turn it around and try to make you seem like a sick fuck for even remembering what happened.

"This person preyed on me, and continues to prey on young girls."

"Oh yeah, we're still friends!"

Fucking what?

Oct 27, 2017
"This person preyed on me, and continues to prey on young girls."

"Oh yeah, we're still friends!"

Fucking what?

I don't know why I'm still friends with him to be honest. I don't know if he preys on young girls though. I would assume most young girls figure him out quickly and won't buy him shit since there are never any around him at least not in any chats we've been in together. Then again knowing that he's still catfishing 10 years after I met him I can't say for sure that he isn't doing that either. He preys on young horny dudes with money. At least that was his M-O when he was using me like a spare bank account. His apology was crazy. He did it in 3rd person. Like randomly one day mid-conversation he linked to his actual irl facebook and started freaking the fuck out. Eventually owned up to it and said "Yes this is me." Then like it never happened started talking to me in character as if he was an Asian woman the next day. He still talks to me in character even to this day. If I had to guess why I'm still friends with him it would be that maybe I feel bad for him or something. I never could find the heart to completely block him on everything and I don't know why.

FeliciaFelix

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why I'm still friends with him to be honest. I don't know if he preys on young girls though. I would assume most young girls figure him out quickly and won't buy him shit since there are never any around him at least not in any chats we've been in together. Then again knowing that he's still catfishing 10 years after I met him I can't say for sure that he isn't doing that either. He preys on young horny dudes with money. At least that was his M-O when he was using me like a spare bank account. His apology was crazy. He did it in 3rd person. Like randomly one day mid-conversation he linked to his actual irl facebook and started freaking the fuck out. Eventually owned up to it and said "Yes this is me." Then like it never happened started talking to me in character as if he was an Asian woman the next day. He still talks to me in character even to this day. If I had to guess why I'm still friends with him it would be that maybe I feel bad for him or something. I never could find the heart to completely block him on everything and I don't know why.

You need closure by the way of apology which doesn't seem that will happen ever. Close it instead by blocking his ass, lose his number and get rid of his pictures or whatever. Maybe you delayed mourning, so finally mourn him so you can move on.