• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jeyu

Dec 6, 2018
Reading this thread I noticed I still got a lot to learn about this community. On the matter . I see every charity's act as a good act . I can't blame him for raise money for those who needs. Good for they to help people.

fhqwhgads

Oct 28, 2017
Have you donated 1.5 Million to help those who you defend so vigorously? What exactly have YOU done other than highlighting solely the mistakes of Pewdiepie and a handful of people he follows to help the people you want to help?

If he did not care he wouldn't have to do those charities, there would have been other ways to keep his subscribers.

When I go to his Youtube now I can see a lot of things that he tries in order to fix the mistakes he made yet all some people do here is create a nazi out of someone who is clearly not one. It's inexcusable that you people are using these kind of words for your own headcannon.

This purist (elitist?) mentality some people on this site are having and the way they stamp everyone who disagrees with them as either a nazi or some stupid troll, THAT is creating most of the hate you try to combat so much.

You create what you hate

I suppose I'm going to be banned now like all those other times for having the wrong opinion? Way to go to keep discussion open and fair!

Let me end on the note that I DO NOT like Pewdiepie but I cannot accept the way most of the conversation seems to be going, this IS NOT ok.
Oh this is just rich, it's a "purity test" that I don't like someone who has multiple major fuck ups to his name? And how me calling them out on their shitty behaviour and how they barely got punished at all for it is hateful? What has Pewds done to rectify his mistakes anyways, all I remember is how every time he fucked up he'd post a little "oops I slipped up, won't happen again!" apology and then fucked up again. How many second chances does a guy need, especially when his mistakes are severe ones that would get someone a lengthy ban on this site? And topping it off with a classic "I don't like Pewdiepie but....", that's really a ongoing theme in this thread.

Does he still follow the people on that twitter screenshot?
He removed them all shortly after the New Zealand shooting.

Yavga

Banned
Dec 20, 2017
Oh this is just rich, it's a "purity test" that I don't like someone who has multiple major fuck ups to his name? And how me calling them out on their shitty behaviour and how they barely got punished at all for it is hateful? What has Pewds done to rectify his mistakes anyways, all I remember is how every time he fucked up he'd post a little "oops I slipped up, won't happen again!" apology and then fucked up again. How many second chances does a guy need, especially when his mistakes are severe ones that would get someone a lengthy ban on this site? And topping it off with a classic "I don't like Pewdiepie but....", that's really a ongoing theme in this thread.

He removed them all shortly after the New Zealand shooting.

I understand why he is to be hated and disliked I do, and you are allowed to! But I can simply not see how he is a nazi, A NAZI for Christ sake.

I say that I do not like him because on Era having a controversial opinion on this site usually leads to a ban, I would like to invite you to my post history to prove my point. It's frustrating not being able to share my point of view, I have to be very careful in my wording or it's deemed either not relevant, racist or unjustified to Era's standard.

And I never meant any harm in any of those cases, in fact... I wanted to learn!

plow

Oct 28, 2017
As a german reading the word "Nazi" in this context makes me really sad.

Which again shows the ( in parts ) good work the educational system has done in germany to clarify things like that.

Comparing stupid racist people to Nazis is sugercoating the meaning of the word.

fhqwhgads

Oct 28, 2017
I think the thread overall has kind of gotten lost in the whole "Is it okay to call Pewdiepie a nazi?" and "is Jack Black cancelled?" stuff, so let me just clarify.
The main issue of this whole thing is that it shows that despite all of his numerous fuck ups, all of the awful things Pewdiepie has done, he has suffered barely any repercussions from them and this is just another sign to show how annoying it is that you can get away with pretty much anything as long as you're popular enough. He didn't suffer a major revenue loss, he didn't get a ban from youtube, he didn't get ostracised in a major way, the worst that happened was he got one of his Youtube Red shows cancelled and didn't get featured in Youtube Rewind. That's it, he's still making videos like nothing happened and the youtube community at large still supports him as his T Series war showed. If making anti semetic jokes and using racial slurs amongst other major issues isn't enough to get Pewdiepie punished accordingly, then who knows what will.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
I understand why he is to be hated and disliked I do, and you are allowed to! But I can simply not see how he is a nazi, A NAZI for Christ sake.

I say that I do not like him because on Era having a controversial opinion on this site usually leads to a ban, I would like to invite you to my post history to prove my point. It's frustrating not being able to share my point of view, I have to be very careful in my wording or it's deemed either not relevant, racist or unjustified to Era's standard.

And I never meant any harm in any of those cases, in fact... I wanted to learn!

You can still post what you think. He didnt follow people "critical of immigration", he followed white supremacists. He followed people who are saying multi-racial cultures are doomed, whites are dying out. He followed people that talk about genetic differences in races. He followed people that said America is not racist and blacks are themselves to blame for how they are treated...

Why would people even follow those people?

This and then:

-Death to all Jews joke
-Calling himself in a diss track Blue Eyes White dragon and TSeries (Indians) Black Magicians
-Saying the n-word
-Following white supremacists on Twitter
-Promoting fucking E;R channel

Whether to call him Nazi or alt-right or a racist... What does it matter in the end? The ideas and "jokes" he spews are influencing people. Instead people here are discussing about semantics.

Last edited:

F4raday

Jul 4, 2019
Have you donated 1.5 Million to help those who you defend so vigorously? What exactly have YOU done other than highlighting solely the mistakes of Pewdiepie and a handful of people he follows to help the people you want to help?

If he did not care he wouldn't have to do those charities, there would have been other ways to keep his subscribers.

When I go to his Youtube now I can see a lot of things that he tries in order to fix the mistakes he made yet all some people do here is create a nazi out of someone who is clearly not one. It's inexcusable that you people are using these kind of words for your own headcannon.

This purist (elitist?) mentality some people on this site are having and the way they stamp everyone who disagrees with them as either a nazi or some stupid troll, THAT is creating most of the hate you try to combat so much.

You create what you hate

I suppose I'm going to be banned now like all those other times for having the wrong opinion? Way to go to keep discussion open and fair!

Let me end on the note that I DO NOT like Pewdiepie but I cannot accept the way most of the conversation seems to be going, this IS NOT ok.

There is a common motive prevailing among right-wing groups (at least in my country) - they are very active when it comes to charity. Oh yes. They make fundraisers for schools in need of money, they will fund therapy for an ill child every now and then, all of that jazz and more. And of course I have nothing but support for those actions, by all means, commit to all the charities.

However.

This is not their main scope of activities. The right wing groups are not charity organizations. They do charity for publicity - just like corporations do. It is great when they do it*, but this is not what they do, what they commit to. What they do, what they commit to, what they are defined by, is to actively and often aggresively fight for ideals that are hurtful and damaging to the society at large and to minorities specifically. Throwing stones is what they do. Charity is their marketing, so that they have something to point towards when the media call them out on their egregious actions, so that they can say "well why don't you report on how charitable we are, huuuh?".

So please don't give me that shit about "ooh, have you donated 1.5 Million to help those who you defend so vigorously". First of all, 1,5m is not really that much for someone like PDP (he could donate 11 of his 12 million yearly revenue and still live like a king). Second: this is his marketing, it's what actually makes him more money. Third: this is not his main scope of activity, he's not commiting his work to charity. His main scope of activity remains what it has always been: being a self-serving privilaged white frat boy role model. His questionable political and semi-political mishaps are a part of that, and thus they are a part of his main scope of activity. This is what he does. That's not cancelled out by a marketing stunt.

And believe me, most people here are not calling PDP "a nazi"** because they "don't agree" with him. People call him out for his racist behaviour, when he's acting racist. People call him out for alt-right and nazi endorsments when he endorses alt-right activists and literal nazis like Lauren Southern. A lot of people on resetera don't agree with Jim Sterling, but I hardly see anyone calling him a nazi (or a troll). So crying foul when PDP is being called out for his shitty actions because by doing it we're running a risk of mislabeling someone who's a shitty douchebag "a nazi" while all he is is just "a sympathizer of people who happen to be nazis" is just disingenuous. And also you're leaving a lot of straw on the floor too.

* though... one might say that this is also a symptom of how late capitalism is a broken system - that we have to count on corporate moguls publicity stunts for funding shit that should be provided by the state. But that's a different discussion alltogether.

** that is, if anybody even calls him a nazi, and hardly anybody does. He's not an alt-right activist, just a popular douchebag with alt-right leanings and a racist/antisemitic undertones. I've checked this thread, some three people called him that only for some other 30 people to jump right in and cry foul that the word "nazi" is being abused. Fancy that.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Southend on Sea, UK
You've gotta laugh at all the little fucking babies coming in here and defending PDP. You've barely left your mother's teats, and you're coming in here and telling me how to think? Oh and the previously banned members new accounts, alts, trolls and Neoprick Nazis - I see you too.

It's okay to grow up and move on. You liked an infantile right wing YouTube influencer boosted by a shitty machine learning algorithm (designed to make maximum ad profit for Google and fuck the consequences - which they are and were very much aware of) cause he screamed and acted like you even if he was just putting it on once he and his handlers saw how much money there was to be made. You were children, but it's time to move on. I used to love Jim'll Fix It when I was kid - funnily enough I don't have an issue shitting on the grave of Jimmy Saville now. I can admit that things that I liked in the past are now not acceptable and never were. By coming here and defending PDP as adults you are only doing one thing - showing your fucking ass.

Don't you fucking numbnuts realize that PDP is a corporation? A company that exists purely to make money. PDP didn't want to make shootings about him? Fuck off - the corporation of PDP wanted to wait as long as possible to say anything as it was clearly seen as damaging to potential profits. Right wing cultists are easily freed of their money if you tactically support them - PDP Corp knows this.

Grow up and see the mistakes of your youth, or if you're from the other group I have a warning from the future. The good people of the world will again take up arms to remove evil, as has happened in the past.

I have especially loved those - you don't know what a Nazi is - posts. Hey, try telling an asylum seeker who's drinking from toilets - whose child is missing - most likely in a cage, or possibly dead - that ICE aren't fucking Nazis. Try telling the victims of Right Wing terrorists, that the guy spouting PDPisms before he murdered them isn't a Nazi.

And to Jack Black - you can do much better than this. You don't fucking need PDP Corp to make a shit ton of money for charity, You are bigger than them. PDP Corp wants to associate themselves with a genuine talent to signal boost their shitty brand. Do the right thing Jack, before it's too late.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
I don't like how people just throw the word Nazi around all too easily. I've had distant family members shot dead by Nazis in Poland and my grandparents had to flee as little children. Comparing PDP to those people like those soldiers or Nazis like Hitler and Aribert Heim isn't a realistic comparison.

If it were not for actual Nazis my family would be a little bigger right now.

I'm not talking about this youtube stuff but "actual Nazis" is a dangerous term for the German situation, They went from the extreme fringe of politics to a third of the vote in 33 and over 6 million members of the party. it's not the actual nazis you need to worry about, it's all the temporary ones.

F4raday

Jul 4, 2019
One more thing, about the discussion of what is and what isn't "being a nazi". There's a drawing on this subject I love, that sums it up perfectly (unfortunately it's in my native language):

2Hyh4dE.jpg

First line (to the left): "This is not fascism!"
Second line (to the right): "I suggest you learn the definition before you speak!"

MrBreada

Mar 13, 2018
Jack Black works in Hollywood. He must've met waaaay worse people than Pewdiepie. Out of sight, out of mind, I bet.

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
It's so sad to read how many people here are falling over themselves to offer Jack a pass for not knowing a single thing about a world famous influencer who has repeatedly made mainstream news for harmful comments and antics as well as literally being championed during the act of the worst mass murder in recent times.

plow

Oct 28, 2017
I have especially loved those - you don't know what a Nazi is - posts. Hey, try telling an asylum seeker who's drinking from toilets - whose child is missing - most likely in a cage, or possibly dead - that ICE aren't fucking Nazis. Try telling the victims of Right Wing terrorists, that the guy spouting PDPisms before he murdered them isn't a Nazi.

I'm not talking about this youtube stuff but "actual Nazis" is a dangerous term for the German situation, They went from the extreme fringe of politics to a third of the vote in 33 and over 6 million members of the party. it's not the actual nazis you need to worry about, it's all the temporary ones.

The word is not used correctly and as a person born in german i get mad reading this.

The is a big difference between being racist and being a nazi.
Nazis are responsible for the worst crime in history, comparing PdP to any of them is just insulting to anyone who suffered through their actions.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
The word is not used correctly and as a person born in german i get mad reading this.

Nazis are responsible for the worst crime in history, comparing PdP to any of them is just insulting to anyone who suffered through their actions.

well i did make clear that i'm not discussing youtube people, just that people don't come from a Nazi factory with a swastika birthmark.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China

I am German too and you should know that the term "Neo-Nazi" is still used quite often in the media and general.
Also PDP is not just being "racist". He literally followed white supremacists, not just people "critical" of immigration and stuff like that, but literally people who think black genes are inferior, multi-racial culturism is harmful, black people have themselves to blame to what happens to them etc.

Im not exactly sure why this whole thread devolved into semantics about "Nazi" as a term and somehow not talking that he literally followed white supremacists...

Natasha Kerensky

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 18, 2019
Praha, CZ
One more thing, about the discussion of what is and what isn't "being a nazi". There's a drawing on this subject I love, that sums it up perfectly (unfortunately it's in my native language):

2Hyh4dE.jpg

First line (to the left): "This is not fascism!"
Second line (to the right): "I suggest you learn the definition before you speak!"

How relevant in today's climate.

Nekyrrev

Oct 28, 2017
Following people on twitter doesn't systematically equals to agreeing with everything they say. For example I follow Trump because I want to stay in touch will all the stupid things he says, not because I like him.

This argument just looks like a leap in logic to me.

plow

Oct 28, 2017
I am German too and you should know that the term "Neo-Nazi" is still used quite often in the media and general.
Also PDP is not just being "racist". He literally followed white supremacists, not just people "critical" of immigration and stuff like that, but literally people who think black genes are inferior, multi-racial culturism is harmful, black people have themselves to blame to what happens to them etc.

Im not exactly sure why this whole thread devolved into semantics about "Nazi" as a term and somehow not talking that he literally followed white supremacists...

Right. And there is a reason they call them Neo-Nazi.

Also he's not following anyone of them anymore. By that logic it seems he's not a racist anymore.

I just want people to be more careful with the usage of words. Pedwipie did really shitty and racist things and i stopped watching any of his videos, but there is a difference between him and the fuckin shitheads that demonstrated 2 months ago in front of my house.

Last edited:

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
I mean, if it's someone like Dunkey I can understand that Jack doesn't know, but PewDiePie is a whole different matter/level since his various shenanigans have entered mainstream media... not to mention the fact that the Christchurch shooter mentioning his name is something that is widely reported by numerous mainstream media organizations too.

If I dropped the name pewdiepie amongst my friends, work colleagues, parents, relatives, they'd all look at me like I was speaking gibberish.

I would honestly be very surprised if Jack Black knew who pewdiepie was apart from some dude who makes YouTube videos and has a lot of subs.

I didnt know who pewdiepie was until the whole "subscribe to pewdiepie" thing and this forums uproar over his actions.

This forum needs to drop the idea that everyone lives in the same bubble as us.

That's too complicated. I just need to know which one's the goodie and which one's the baddie?

Pewdiepie and his followers are the baddies and Jack Black is a goodie that will take the money from Pewdiepies baddies and give them to goodies.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Following people on twitter doesn't systematically equals to agreeing with everything they say. For example I follow Trump because I want to stay in touch will all the stupid things he says, not because I like him.

This argument just looks like a leap in logic to me.

He literally followed all the white supremacists. I could post the pic on every page:

D19-H7IW0AsE4hy

And then you have
-"Death to all Jews" joke.
-Promoting E;R channel when he listed the channels he enjoyed (its an antisemtic channel):

In one example — a video Kjellberg publicly liked, leaving a comment underneath — E;R uses aerial footage of the moment when a car drove through a crowd of people during the white supremacist-led "Unite the Right" rally in Charlottesville last year. The incident left multiple people injured and one protester, Heather Heyer, dead. E;R turns a scene from Netflix's live-action Death Note movie, describing how a death is carried out when a name is written inside the titular notebook, into a joke about Heyer's death using actual footage from Charlottesville.

Although that's the video Kjellberg is the most visible fan of, E;R's Death Note video is just one offensive video in an ocean of hateful content. A video from 2016 with more than 2.1 million views called "Steven Rapeyverse, Or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love to Fuse" is particularly egregious. It calls the Steven Universe creator "a Jew," includes sexist and ableist jokes, and includes a four-minute unedited speech from Adolph Hitler.

-Saying the N-Word
-Calling himself Blue Eyes White Dragon and Indians Dark Magicians

Everthing a big coincidence, sure.

staedtler

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You've gotta laugh at all the little fucking babies coming in here and defending PDP. You've barely left your mother's teats, and you're coming in here and telling me how to think? Oh and the previously banned members new accounts, alts, trolls and Neoprick Nazis - I see you too.

It's okay to grow up and move on. You liked an infantile right wing YouTube influencer boosted by a shitty machine learning algorithm (designed to make maximum ad profit for Google and fuck the consequences - which they are and were very much aware of) cause he screamed and acted like you even if he was just putting it on once he and his handlers saw how much money there was to be made. You were children, but it's time to move on. I used to love Jim'll Fix It when I was kid - funnily enough I don't have an issue shitting on the grave of Jimmy Saville now. I can admit that things that I liked in the past are now not acceptable and never were. By coming here and defending PDP as adults you are only doing one thing - showing your fucking ass.

Don't you fucking numbnuts realize that PDP is a corporation? A company that exists purely to make money. PDP didn't want to make shootings about him? Fuck off - the corporation of PDP wanted to wait as long as possible to say anything as it was clearly seen as damaging to potential profits. Right wing cultists are easily freed of their money if you tactically support them - PDP Corp knows this.

Grow up and see the mistakes of your youth, or if you're from the other group I have a warning from the future. The good people of the world will again take up arms to remove evil, as has happened in the past.

And to Jack Black - you can do much better than this. You don't fucking need PDP Corp to make a shit ton of money for charity, You are bigger than them. PDP Corp wants to associate themselves with a genuine talent to signal boost their shitty brand. Do the right thing Jack, before it's too late.

This reads like the new "Squaresoft just shot itself in the foot"

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
He literally followed all the white supremacists. I could post the pic on every page:

D19-H7IW0AsE4hy

And then you have
-"Death to all Jews" joke.
-Promoting E;R channel when he listed the channels he enjoyed (its an antisemtic channel):

-Saying the N-Word
-Calling himself Blue Eyes White Dragon and Indians Dark Magicians

Everthing a big coincidence, sure.
Oh, and remember when PDP, the man with the largest subscriber base on YouTube, uploaded a video where he got Ben Shapiro, the man who would eventually go on to have the most viewed Twitter profile by the Quebec Mosque shooter, to "rate memes" or whatever?

Yeah, just innocent Twitter follows.

Force_XXI

Oct 29, 2017
People think nazis are unicorns and not regular people, guess you cant be a nazi until you murder millions of innocents, just call em alt right nazi is too bitter

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017

Robotoboy

Oct 7, 2018
Tulsa, OK
IF he deleted the streaming due to PDP toxicity will be awesome (but I don't think that will be the reason TBH).

We shall see. I hope he deleted it after all the tweets and I'm sure the DM's that informed him that the guy he was dealing with is a piece of trash.

Could also explain why he ditched the stream so quickly for a "bbq"

Fully likely he just didn't care but I get the feeling he got the point.

Last edited:

MrBreada

Mar 13, 2018
I'm offended by your statement thinking Jews and the holocaust and there are worse things? Wtf man
What? Oh, you see, PewDiePie is an ignorant enabler. He thinks bad stuff is funny. He's dismissive of it, in a sense. Meanwhile, people in Hollywood have probably committed actual crimes. I'm not dismissing Pewds' misdeeds, neither am I downplaying how unacceptable anti-Semitism is, I'm just saying an actor like Jack Black has probably collaborated with his fair share of far more devious fellows.