• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

statham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FloRida
I like the Xbox SAD name, I think its kinda funny and doesnt hurt Microsoft, but gets the name out there.

I think the next xbox will be called BOSS

Neural

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
After Xbox One, I think MS can get away with anything. Xbox Powa, Xboverpower, Xbring Thegoods. People will literally accept everything.

But, on a more serious note, I belive it will be Xbox Infinite.

Funkallero

Oct 28, 2017
Tokyo
msx2boot.gif

MSXbox

OP
OP
TheGhost

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
After Xbox One, I think MS can get away with anything. Xbox Powa, Xboverpower, Xbring Thegoods. People will literally accept everything.

But, on a more serious note, I belive it will be Xbox Infinite.

I just think they should have kept it simple like Sony. A new number works, "this is not the 4 it's the 5"

It needs to be a strong name that lets consumers know
"This is new and improved"

Aesnath

Oct 27, 2017
Well, they are almost as bad at it as USB so XBOX gen 4 2x2 or maybe they'll go with something more personal yet non-descriptive: XBOX Me.

Oct 25, 2017
Biggest challenge? Not remotely.

I think they should name it the Xbox Infinite. Good name, fits with the Halo title that'll likely be launching alongside it.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If future Xbox are always backward compatible, why not name them after the year they are released on instead of a number or a name ?
Like "Xbox 20" or "Xbox One 20" if it releases in 2020.

It can even have several versions with S and X :
Xbox 20 S
Xbox 20 X

And they can release an updated version a few years later, more powerful, "Xbox 24 X" for example.

Nov 8, 2017
If Microsoft really thought the name "Xbox 2" would've made the 360 seem behind the PS3, they should go the other way and get ahead of Sony by calling their new console "Xbox 6".

Seriously though... Xbox Infinite sounds good.

Ceadeus

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
I believe, this time, that they will add Cloud power to their console so maybe 14TF plus Cloud power ?

It would need to relate to the Cloud power. So xbox Cloud or something much better. Xbox infinite, idk

Infinite as the icon that defines it,you know the horizontal 8

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
In a continuation of the theme of XBONE it will simply be called Xbox Penis.

In all seriousness though, I'm actually quite puzzled as to what the next logical name is.

Neural

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
I just think they should have kept it simple like Sony. A new number works, "this is not the 4 it's the 5"

It needs to be a strong name that lets consumers know
"This is new and improved"
You don't need a number for that. They achieved the same with X. And a number is comparable: This will be their fourth Xbox, so Xbox 4. But people might think it's inferior to PS5, just because 4 is less than 5.

And, again, they didn't need this to make Xbox 360 a very successful console.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Worth noting that for latest Surface they simply went back to "Surface" and got rid of the numbers

I also want to see 'Elite' come back, the elite console this gen was.. not so much

But it really did load a shit ton faster, I enjoyed it alot while I had it

ThingsRscary

Banned
Mar 10, 2019
Xbox
Xbox 360
Xbox One, Xbox one S and Xbox one SAD are the same
Xbox one X
So I would likely think it will be:

Xbox V or XV... cool name and it's the fifth console if we count Xbox X as a new console.

Flash

Oct 27, 2017
It will be called the Xbox 5 to keep up with Sony. That's pretty much a give in at this point. I suspect when they reveal the name of the console they will have a slide listing past Xboxs to make the "Xbox 5" naming scheme make sense somehow.

TheChamp

Abused the Buy/Sell/Trade thread
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just call it Xbox and have the stronger system named Xbox: Anaconda and then just market the games as Xbox with it being under a single ecosystem

Heck bring a Xbox app to PC for Play Anywhere games

Atisha

Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Xbox Zero

Xbox Typhoon

Xbox Stream

Xbox Mia

Hmmmm, the Xbox Mia has a rad ring to it. Something short 'two syllable and ends in Ah.'

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
They are well on their way to doing that. Unless you want them to open up their wallet some more and buy up more studios.

We've seen no evidence that they're well on their way to doing that at all. They've bought a lot of studios recently, but that doesn't mean they're all going to produce great games. We're going to have to wait and see on that front. Managing their studios well, giving them the support they require, and time they need is definitely their biggest challenge which will persist over the next few years.

ry-dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Xbox 2 or Xbox Infinite. It won't be Xbox 5 or 4 or Xbox. Whatever name they choose will have to share the spotlight (and potentially the same box) with Xbox One. Xbox 5 is just too confusing, Xbox 2 makes more sense

OP
OP
TheGhost

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
We've seen no evidence that they're well on their way to doing that at all. They've bought a lot of studios recently, but that doesn't mean they're all going to produce great games. We're going to have to wait and see on that front. Managing their studios well, giving them the support they require, and time they need is definitely their biggest challenge which will persist over the next few years.
We will be seeing those games at e3

Clessidor

Oct 30, 2017
Hard to guess. They could go a number scheme and call the next Generation Xbox 5, 5S, 5X. Or even call it 10, 10S, 10X (Trying to keep it n line with Win10)
Or go for a marketing term. Like Xbox Anywhere. Hard to say.

dantevsninjas

Oct 27, 2017
Xbox 180 so all the idiots who made the "turn 360 and walk away" jokes can actually use them this time.

Honestly, just call it Xbox and be done. Make it as backwards compatible as they can and brand it as the culmination of their work in the console space.