• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Well?

• Yes

Votes: 320 22.5%
  • No

Votes: 831 58.4%
  • Nope, the van is actually the best character this gen

Votes: 273 19.2%

• Total voters

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
she's great but god these "is [my personal opinion] the best this gen?" threads are a nightmare. everyone's just posting high resolution images of the character they like most and being antagonistic. surely there's a better way

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
She's pretty damn cool. But that Van is a damn sexy thing that deserves kingdoms to fight over its wheel of marriage.

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America
Nico does genuinely make me laugh at times, especially that last bit in the van, but no.

"Hey Noct, let's go take an unsolicited photo of Cindy today." :|

He can be kinda lascivious but hay he's a bit naive and a sweetener at heart, and grows outta it eventually, what can I say? xD The eyecandy role given to Cindy by the story on the other hand, I'd take that up with the narrative gears..!!

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Can't stand her. The conversation she has with Vs bird was just pointless to the point I was shaking my head and asking why? It was so awkward.

The only time I liked her was the second time Nero calls her and she arrives in the van in the most hilarious way.

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love her.
haex68n693o11.gif

Not quite done with the game yet but Nico's certainly a highlight of the game for me. Sort of like if Cindy from Final Fantasy XV had more personality and scenes.

Is it weird that two recent japanese games have a sexy mechanic lady with southern(ish) accents? Is this some new trope or fetish because . . . I wouldn't mind seeing more.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
She's kinda not actually funny.

The van somehow managing to show up everywhere is a great gag though.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Her accent kills anything that would make her even remotely charming.
Why didnt they just give her a "regular" accent, or if she was supposed to be from the south or whatever, tone it down a bit.
Its like they directed her VO actress to pump it up to 100 on the accent scale....it needed to be about a 3.

I lived in the South US for years and heard traveled all around heard all sorts of southern accent...I always found them charming but this was something else.

Also I think the remodeling they did on Darth Bador was actually detrimental to the character.
Her more natural smile and mouth shape was absolutely fine.
She also has the cutest accent.....why couldnt Nico have been British again?

untitled-article-1446725280-body-image-1446725662.jpg

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

She's a huge dork with a van and questionable driving skills. The first 7 minutes or so give you a good feel for her without too many spoilers.

These are her best scenes? That's it for the most lovable character of the gen? Watched the whole thing, only saw 2 moments in there that stood out, meh

Kinda get what people mean by the voice, maybe it's an acquired taste.

I love how he cartwheels when he falls down a cliff, and then bounces a few times. He's such a goof.

Yea he has a lot of precious animations lol

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Phht.

Fuck no. Hated her within 5 seconds.

(Not that she was an exception, so far I've hated every character in the game within seconds.)

That voice makes me want to scratch my eardrums out and a lot of her dialogue is borderline gibberish.

Last edited:

Yoshi88

Oct 26, 2017
She's actually off-putting and irritating for me and the bf. She's dragging down every cutscene imo. I just reiterate what i had to say about her in the OT:

I thought I would have liked her, but she's way too much, spitting one-liners referencing situations or dialogue that don't even play out that way, only to appear edgy. Seriously she's often just monologuing weird things while Nero behaves normally. Also talking about how she can make sth. nice out of this thing she didn't even know existed before, playing the "Nah i'll sleep, you go on kiddo"-card everytime...she's quite unbearable and too much in your face for us :/

"uh uh, don't let Kyrie see that, Nero. Naaasty" Wtf?

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Haven't played the game yet but from trailers, her accent and somehow her jaw didn't really appealed to me.

Of course things change when you play the game and start learning about the character more than their superficial characteristics.

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
She's right up there with Cindy for being one of the dumbest characters this gen. What is with these idiotic accents, dialog, and outfits?

JCH!

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tenerife
The answer to 'Is _____ the most _____?' and it's cousin 'Am I the only to ______?' is always gonna be no.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Came in expecting to agree that The Last Guardian's beast was very lovable. Forgot it's name for a bit, Trico.

Novel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thought this was about Niko from OneShot and you misspelled their name. Disappointed.
maxresdefault.jpg

As for the character proposed by OP....getting huge objectification of women vibes....We need a "is X the best new waifu?" megathread to contain this kinda stuff.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
mimir-head.jpg

It's mirmir he's incredible and the only time I've purposely slowed down to listen to a game character in 25 years of playing games.