• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Well?

• Yes

Votes: 320 22.5%
  • No

Votes: 831 58.4%
  • Nope, the van is actually the best character this gen

Votes: 273 19.2%

• Total voters

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
Nico's good but she's no Myla from Hollow Knight.
latest

And now I'm sad :(

My vote goes for this. She's so cute with her little headlamp. Can't get that tune out of my head, either..

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
My favorite character is actually Joe Baker from RE7's End of Zoe DLC. The guy is just fucking hilarious. Every single line he says is funny, whether it was intended to be or not

DIE MOTHAFUCKA! *Punches molded in the face*

Oct 17, 2018
Hell fucking no. Her voice is honestly one of the worst I've ever heard, comparable to the English dub of Sarah from Star Ocean 4. It's so bad that I mute my headphones anytime she speaks.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
I honestly find nico to be the least likable person in the whole DMCV cast. Her voice and accent are just awful. She's as bad as Cindy in FFXV.

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
She's actually one of the reasons why I stopped playing the game halfway through due to her horrendous dialog, weird accent, off-putting facial animations and overly "cool" attitude (some of that stuff applies to several of the characters though, seems the writing and characters in this game are simply not for me). In fact she's one of the least lovable characters this gen for me, so I guess that's a no from me.

EarthPainting

Oct 26, 2017
Town adjacent to Silent Hill
Haven't played DMC5 yet, but Nico seems like she could be fun. She seems to dial the cheese to 11, which is a good fit for the series. You honestly don't really often see female characters be allowed to take such role.

The characters I found the move likeable this gen were Pascal from NieR:Automata, Papyrus from Undertale, Magilou from Tales of Berseria, Keebo from Danganronpa v3, and Poppi from Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Looking at this list though, I guess I just like my robros and delusional shit-talkers.

Nico's good but she's no Myla from Hollow Knight.
latest

And now I'm sad :(
Is this the critter that sings? I'm not sure if I'd count that as a "character", but I can't deny I was immediately endeared by it.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2017
Only going by the E3 trailer but her line about building that "well functioning arm" is seared into my mind, so at the very least she's memorable.

Oct 27, 2017
They didn't flesh out her at all. She just says some silly things in a weird accent for like 10 minutes total and that's her character.
But the same could be said about pretty much all the other characters, the story is super barebones and there's not much to see besides the little chat prior to the big bosses.
She looked great though.

GroovySnake

Jun 10, 2018
USA
Mei (who is bae) is easily the most lovable this gen. But if we go for a more story-heavy game, I find Arthur Morgan is "suuure" (as he always says) somebody who touched my heart. Kiryu from Yakuza honorable mention, since Yakuza 0 this gen brought him to some new fans.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Haven't played the game but based on the pic in the OP she's basically the DMCV version of FFXV's Cidney?
That's a no from me...

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, obviously not, but I was surprised at how much I did end up liking her. She could be a little nicer to Nero though. He's a good boy.

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
Nah. These characters have been more lovable for me.

The Doll in Bloodborne:
kG8k93Ll.jpg

Fez in inFAMOUS: Second Son & First Light:
fPV9Z2Ql.jpg

Aloy in Horizon Zero Dawn:
tZgjPBNl.jpg

Six in Little Nightmares:
Bsy3CCsl.jpg

Selvaria

Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
There's a surprising amount of hate for Nico in this thread. People saying she's cringe inducing and annoying have clearly not seen the kid in Bayonetta 2!

Nico is great and a cool new addition to the DMC universe! She exudes a lot of personality in every scene. Both the motion and voice performances really bring her to life. And the ending scene between her and Nero made my laugh out loud.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
From the trailers she seems obnoxious tbh.

But his polygonal model is the best in the game imho.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Character? Pfft. Have a whole species

r9UGqh4.png

Edit: Hmmm, YMMV whether it counts as 'this gen' - the game was released roughly contemporary with the PS4 on a system that straddled the generation gap (and its predecessor was very definitely contemporary with the PS3), but this young lady also probably merits a nod:

WDKBRkI.png

ACellarDoor

Mar 4, 2019
Mimir for me, or maybe Sokrates from AC Odyssey. Both had very entertaining dialogue and brought a good deal of humor and light-heartedness to two games that aren't really known for it.

I like your mention of Sokrates. It was an enjoyable character and the interaction with Alexios were interesting.

I like her a lot. "Up your butt?" is, I think, my favourite scene. She works well with Nero and makes him more bearable for me, although they can be a bit exhausting at the same time.
Her accent is a bit too much as well as her backroundstory with both Agnus and Nell (talk about coincidences), and she could need a little bit more clothes.
But her secnes sure a lovely.
The best though? Dunno.

(Also one more for team Griffon.)

Mar 29, 2018
Nico's great, but something about her mouth/lip sync and accent is just sliiightly off, that frequently makes her feel more uncanny than lovable to me

On paper, 100% lovable

The Bookerman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Do you know where this has been?" - Nero
"Up your butt?" - Nico

Didn't expect that type of humor out of her,which was great/stupid ;)

Oct 27, 2017
What's up with the Nico hate in here? You're all bad bad people, lmao. She may not be the best but top tier at the very least.
Maybe she does work for me because I'm not a native English speaker, but I love the way she talks, moves and her facial expressions. Fantastic char-design by Capcom.