• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Well?

• Yes

Votes: 320 22.5%
  • No

Votes: 831 58.4%
  • Nope, the van is actually the best character this gen

Votes: 273 19.2%

• Total voters

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
owen-1551389342366_1280w.jpg

....Anyone?

Deleted member 5593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would also give a shoutout to Owen from Anthem. He's got the charisma so many of the Mass Effect 1-3 characters flowed with.

Novel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watching video of Nico's scenes and looking at gifs in the thread.....god is she insufferable. Terrible voice, terrible attempts to even try to synch it with her mouth. Looking at her design I swear people only like her cause she's Woman In Triple A Game #84320-A that's objectified to hell and back.

I thought this was about Nico from OneShot which would have been an unequivocal yes.

(Everyone needs to play OneShot)

Likewise.

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Watching video of Nico's scenes and looking at gifs in the thread.....god is she insufferable. Terrible voice, terrible attempts to even try to synch it with her mouth. Looking at her design I swear people only like her cause she's Woman In Triple A Game #84320-A that's objectified to hell and back.
Wait, how is Nico a super objectified charcter? I had to go back and double check the OP. She's got a double top on with no cleavage to speak of, her shorts aren't even especially short, she's got that weird goofy, accent, and she got the weird upper lip teeth thing going on. I would not consider her a heavily objectified charcter by any reasonable measure.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue

Likewise.
Nico's not objectified or even presented as remotely available, and DMC5 isn't AAA.

May 26, 2018
I mean, she's okay... She has one scene where she's really excited about meeting Dante where she is kind of adorable. But outside that she just doesn't do much.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
something seems off with her voice.
not the accent or anything, but it sounds sped up. Talks fast but not natural fast.
weird

Novel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Woman in revealing outfits with lots of tats and she smokes (all classic sex symbols, not to mention location of some tats) = not objectified? When numerous comments in the thread are also about how much she either turns dudes on or doesn't turn them on or comes across as an object. Huuuuuuh. Interesting logic/argument that she's not objectified.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I love nico as much as the next person but Nintendo is loterally in the business of making lovable characters

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Woman in revealing outfits with lots of tats and she smokes (all classic sex symbols, not to mention location of some tats) = not objectified? When numerous comments in the thread are also about how much she either turns dudes on or doesn't turn them on or comes across as an object. Huuuuuuh. Interesting logic/argument that she's not objectified.
I guess its that she is also kind of a nerd , so she gets excused unlike Trish (though in this game she has a more down to earth/mellow personality in comparison to nico and earlier games)

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe the black skin? I mean afaik they never said what his specific race was and i might be near sighted but im not completely blind
If skin tone is a sufficient criterion then Nico could absolutely pass for biracial.

A photo of her real life model was erroneously submitted by a PR firm to Blackhair magazine because they perceived her as black or mixed.

Harp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can someone help me figure out just what is so incredibly off-putting about her smile in this image? I can't quite place what it is, but I know it's there. Something is wrong about it. Off.

I've seen other images of her in which she looks totally normal, but this one in particular, and some of the in-game scenes, are weirding me out. I felt similarly about Claire in RE2, so maybe it's an REngine thing? I don't remember it in RE7, though that game had its own abundance of uncanny valley weirdness.

OP
OP
Cryptosporidium
Oct 25, 2017
canada
Can someone help me figure out just what is so incredibly off-putting about her smile in this image? I can't quite place what it is, but I know it's there. Something is wrong about it. Off.

I've seen other images of her in which she looks totally normal, but this one in particular, and some of the in-game scenes, are weirding me out. I felt similarly about Claire in RE2, so maybe it's an REngine thing? I don't remember it in RE7, though that game had its own abundance of uncanny valley weirdness.

Idk, she looks great to me? Has a quirky smile and fun attitude

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
The oddest thing about this thread is that people don't seem to realize that A)Agnus is clearly a POC and B)Nico very clearly a mixed POC, hell that's the reason why the ex skin tone looks so odd as it turns a POC white.

Is this like the splatoon fanbase thing where people convince themselves that these characters can't possibly be POC and are just perpetually tanned?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Nico's accent drives me insane. I have no idea what the actress was going for but her line reads feel like they belong in a completely different game.