• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Most perfect? not likely, but i do say it's very good as to keep the balance between the more "serious" plot element and Saitama's gag powers, shows you the author has good ideas of how to make a show about an invincible all powerful superhero be interesting, Saitama's ridiculous gag strength had distracted us from the fact that a lot of S-Rankers are fucking monsters in terms of their power, it keeps everything fresh as you realize around Saitama there is a fascinating world.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'll throw an One Piece example in here, Episode 392, the one where the Supernova were first introduced:

latest

This is where I lose interest. 400 episodes... I don't have the time or the inclination to watch so many episodes of one thing. Nothing could possibly be that good.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Macross Plus....that's the one with the android singer right?

I REALLY didn't like that one for certain reasons lol. Got me out of anime for a bit.

But reading all about OPM makes me super excited to watch it when the Blu-ray collection comes to my house soon!

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
last time i checked we were getting like 3 pages a week or something.

the original one with the bad art.

i may be dead wrong since i haven't read OPM in years
Ahh the webcomic.

We haven't had a single webcomic page in what must be nearly a year now.

The manga has been going full speed though, and I imagine One is working full time on drafts for Murata to help that happen.

Deleted member 38573

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
Ahh the webcomic.

We haven't had a single webcomic page in what must be nearly a year now.

The manga has been going full speed though, and I imagine One is working full time on drafts for Murata to help that happen.

While I have you here, is the manga past the
psychic sisters fight where saitama ends up stepping in
?

I'll wait until it gets to there before hopping on the murata manga train

bazzi

Dec 19, 2017
if we're talking about 'world building' gonna have to give that to One Piece. Something used in very first episode/chapter wasn't explained for another 500+ episodes/chapters (more than 10 years after the series started) which then defines how the rest of OP plays out in terms of battles/techniques.

4979294-image.jpeg
Uh context? How did it define anything, I haven't seen one piece

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
Uh context? How did it define anything, I haven't seen one piece

In that picture, the dude is using an advanced form of power called 'haki' to save the main character from a monster. We don't really hear about this power for another 10 years (actual years, not story time) after this happens except for little hints here and there and when it's finally explained the entire series takes 'power levels' to another level.

Basically the creator took the time and effort to make a transformation like 'super saiyan' not bullshit.

fd0eed77c2b175126a69952338a1b21b2b018ebe_hq.gif

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
This is where I lose interest. 400 episodes... I don't have the time or the inclination to watch so many episodes of one thing. Nothing could possibly be that good.
Breh those characters aren't even slightly the main bulk of one piece, in fact they're unplanned and were created inside the arc they were introduced unlike a lot of One Piece characters. The world building of one piece starts right from the beginning.

Latpri

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
While I have you here, is the manga past the
psychic sisters fight where saitama ends up stepping in
?

I'll wait until it gets to there before hopping on the murata manga train

No, the manga is just now getting into
The Monster Association fight. Everyone just jumped down into the sewers so all the S-class heroes still have to do thier individual match ups before the end of that arc even begins

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
for anyone interested in getting into One Piece, I highly suggest you read the manga vs. watching the anime. The art gets better, I promise.

noquarter

Oct 25, 2017
I dont think so, if you just go off of the anime, Hunter X Hunter's final episode sets up the world a lot better. 148 episodes, one of the best finishings for a bad guy ever, an election that helps flesh out the current world, then
you find out that the whole world that has been built is just a small piece of an even bigger world that has threats much worse then what we saw up to that point, the Dark Continent

Think it was a pretty good setup.

Deleted member 38573

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
No, the manga is just now getting into
The Monster Association fight. Everyone just jumped down into the sewers so all the S-class heroes still have to do thier individual match ups before the end of that arc even begins

Ahhh I might just start reading the manga now then. Considering how hype the final fight in that arc was in the webcomic. Thanks mate

Oct 27, 2017
I have a question and I guess this is the best place to ask: in the episode with the meteor (7, I think) they mention a couple of times that something changed the course of the meteor, but it's never suggested what. Did I miss something, do we find out or is it not brought up again? I can't see it being Boros' ship as that doesn't seem like their style and they don't show up for another few episodes.

okayfrog

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's why you gotta read the manga instead. You could probably go through 10 chapters in ~30 minutes. If you do that once a day for 90 days, you're caught up.

OP
OP
Merv

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
I'd just like to point out that "final episode" isn't really accurate in what you're describing here, lol. One-Punch Man isn't finished.

God yes. I meant final episode of season one, but I hope the second season explores the Rank S characters more.

The heroes of OPM ain't shit. Almost to the point I think it is on some Garth Ennis shit

Eh it's not anywhere as edgy as Ennis' stuff though there will be some controversy over some heroes it won't be for the edginess but the tone deafness.

I meant how useless they are.

This actually changes as the series goes on but that's getting into spoiler territory.

Silver Fang alone was a big reveal. It's cliche, but they managed to surprise me with the "reveal" of Silver Fang's power. Each of the heroes fighting Melzargard stepped up their game/evolved a little bit in that fight or at least revealed more and more power as necessary.

The decision to have Melzargard de-arm Iaian with one shot, but then later show Silver Fang take a full shot and comeback stronger was great.

Last edited: