• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Update: crisis over, Costco has regained PB

viKjtsj.jpg

Notaskwid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
Dunno if there are Gyomu Super in your area, but you can also buy peanut butter pretty cheap there, 230 yen for a 350g jar iirc

Oct 28, 2017
I also live in Japan and I have been buying peanut butter without the added salt/ sugar on iherb.com for a bit over 1 yen per gram.

I have a vitamix though so I'm going to start making my own.

Ragnar

Oct 28, 2017
I live in Sweden and you can get organic peanut butter without added salt, palm oil or sugar for

$0.19 / ounce
£0.60 / 100 grams

Stuff like Skippy etc. is of course cheaper.

Santerestil

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Here in Italy is Nutellaland, and you are lucky finding *one* little jar at the supermarket - usually overpriced.

Oct 28, 2017
Close, but Trump's tariffs only affect the American price of its own metal imports. A few months ago the EU and Japan both separately announced retaliatory tariffs on imports from the United States, including motorcycles, denim clothing and peanut butter.

So rising prices for peanut butter in Japan could well be a sign that the predicted trade wars are under way.
That isn't how tariffs work. A tariff is on imports. It could, however, be part of Japanese retaliation to American tariffs.
Sorry, I read your new reply and busted out laughing because you replied very similarly when the thread was first active.

OP, glad your Peanut Butter is back in bulk! Enjoy.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
Sorry, I read your new reply and busted out laughing because you replied very similarly when the thread was first active.

I didn't realize you were the same person I had tried to educate back in August. Why are so happy to publicly parade your impenetrable ignorance?

Just to clarify one last time: if a country puts a tariff on goods, that directly affects the purchase price of those goods, when imported, only in that country. If prices go up in any country other than the United States, it cannot be a direct result of tariffs imposed by the US.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Nah cheap as hell here. We grow a lot in the US and consume more so imports are in bulk. It's a south American crop so it probably grows easier nearby.

Oct 28, 2017
I didn't realize you were the same person I had tried to educate back in August. Why are so happy to publicly parade your impenetrable ignorance?

Just to clarify one last time: if a country puts a tariff on goods, that directly affects the purchase price of those goods, when imported, only in that country. If prices go up in any country other than the United States, it cannot be a direct result of tariffs imposed by the US.
Yeah, I got it the first time, thanks.

To make it clear, you re-quoted the original message, I never doubled down on my statement.