• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should Sony change the name of the PlayStation 5 to something that causes less market confusion?

• They must!

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • No, I can handle the confusion.

Votes: 20 74.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
User warned: creating a troll thread
As well all know from the Wii U fiasco, console names are really hard. It turns out, if you only change one character, people can't keep track of it! It's because people are idiots, as we all know. Especially grandmas buying games for the holidays. Gosh, don't we all hate grandmas? Of course we do. Now, given the completely understandable anxiety about poor old silly grandmas buying the wrong Xbox because "One" and "Series" are far too similar, I think we may have to consider whether PlayStation 5 is also perhaps too confusing of a name next to PlayStation 4.

I mean, you all see the problem, right? It's literally one character off. At least Wii U had the decency to be TWO characters off. God, imagine granny walking into Best Buy going, "I want the PlayStatins for my heart - wait, no, for little Timmy" "What?! Speak up, sonny!" "Oh there's a 4 and a 5? No, I don't know which one!" And poor Little Timmy ends up with a PS4. Probably a Fat, honestly. I can only begin to imagine the millions in lost sales Sony will be contending with next holiday. How will they ever survive? If Wii U is any indication, they clearly won't.

#PCMasterRace, let's go baby. AMD GTX 2020 Elections Ti 4Lyfe....... WOOOO.

Also, real talk. I don't think I'm breaking any rules according to the terms and conditions. But sorry if I am, feel freeee to moderate my razor sharp wit.

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
Nice account self-destruct. I'm assuming you're upset that people don't like the Series X name?

inb4 the lock

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I definitely am confused for sure. So are there 5 of them? Will there be a sequel called Playstation 5-2? Won't that make people think Playstation 3? But that's math, should Sony really be forcing the consumer to perform complicated calculations to figure out which product to purchase? Seems like a bad marketing strategy imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.