• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chubigans

Vertigo Gaming Inc.
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
While I enjoy the new forum and respect the hell out of the leadership that put it all together in such a short timeframe, there's something that's been bothering me lately. I can't seem to enter any major topic without a READ OP disclaimer in the title, or a ton of warnings in a single page, or a few mods getting a bit hostile like when they merged a thread with another and people were in disagreement with the action:

Shut up about the thread merge, it's done, move on and chalk it up for next time.

You can get the latest news from the last pages of the thread.

I don't really have any idea what "chalk it up for next time" even means in the context of that thread, but he gave no further clarification as far as I can tell. There was basically no questioning of the mod's actions allowed.

While I respect that this forum is trying to maintain a specific order and I can appreciate it, at the same time, I feel like conversations can get stifled before they can even start. Sometimes calling out a member on their bad beliefs/logic/argument is something I'd rather do as a community rather than, say, a mod giving a warning to a member about it. It just shuts down conversation and leads to zero discussion. I dunno, is it just me?

Jan 29, 2018
The moderation is not the problem, Ive seen users who where banned become unbanned because they are friends with mods , thats the problem

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
No.

It was originally too lax when the site started out. After a few months, though, they've stepped up.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Not at all. They give plenty of warnings and edit OPs only to stop derails or other nonsense that shit up threads. I think they are doing fantastic.

Possum Armada

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Greenville, SC
I wish they moderated thread creation a bit more. We still have a ton of list threads, threads based on a single tweet, OT's that linger for months instead of going to community after 30 days, and a billion threads that would work better in one of the OT's.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
We're listening to feedback about this and take it seriously. In the future, please reach out to an Administrator directly with such concerns.

With regard to the mod post you've quoted in your OP, if you check the original post again, you'll find a public apology had already been appended to it.

Edit: I apologize for the unprofessional language in this mod post -- I was frustrated but that's no excuse. Won't happen again.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.