• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

Is Semi-Perfect Cell the worst DBZ design or what?

Asakim

Oct 27, 2017
Are you saying he isn't?
No I just like bringing him up in these kinds of threads whenever people start bringing up Popo because I think he's almost worse than him. They didn't even give him a clever name it's just Black. Staff Officer Black even got a serviceable redesign in one of the movies that they stopped using for whatever reason to go back to his original racist design immediately.

ProtoSound

Oct 28, 2017
No I just like bringing him up in these kinds of threads whenever people start bringing up Popo because I think he's almost worse than him. They didn't even give him a clever name it's just Black. Staff Officer Black even got a serviceable redesign in one of the movies that they stopped using for whatever reason to go back to his original racist design immediately.
Fair enough. I don't remember this character but he is indeed a problem.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
There is a lot of bad designs but yeah some of the worst have been named.

SSJ3 and 4 are ugly caveman brow shit.
As much as I prefer this hairstyle, I totally agree with you. It was a dumb move making him look so similar to Gohan.

My vote's for short haired Yamcha. Looks too much like Adult Gohan or Future Gohan.
Uhhh this design came first. Adult Gohan was after.

It's also yamchas best look.

Nome

Designer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
This is muuuch worse than Cell's imo. At least there's sooome cohesive progression throughout cells transformations. Fivehead Frieza over here is just a random monster design slapped onto Frieza's aesthetic without any regard to it's other forms.
I kind of like it just on the basis of the final form subverting your expectations.

Castile

Dec 1, 2017
No

This abominable goblin is
Yep, I was hype to finally see the DB cast fight magical girls but what we got was mockery of the genre with this horrible design, and her personality ain't any better. Only thing worst than her was Universe 11 warriors, as except for Toppo, are just uninspired.

Come on! In a series with the Ginyu Force and Saiyaman what's with these boring poses.It says something when the dab is the best one in the group.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
To be fair, everyone in the Red Ribbon Army is named a color.

To be less fair, it's still racist as shit that the one black guy is named Black. That's not even getting started on the design.

Galkinator

Oct 27, 2017
Probably, even as a little kid I saw this form and went "wtf is this ugly ass crap"
Jiren design is bad in how basic and uninteresting it is