• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
Not DBZ but imo this is worst (major character) design in the franchise:

4524358ad0ceb0fc7a46ae284b243b14.jpg

I really don't see what's bad about it. I thought Baby was a pretty awesome character and design.

There were plenty of awful villain designs in GT, but Baby isn't one of them.

I always thought Super Android 13 was lame, generic design. Like someone's OC.

latest

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I saw some unused Popo designs before. His introduction where he completely dominated Goku after the triumphant battle with King Piccolo was pretty cool, so I wish we could have bird/lizard designs instead of this one that needs to be buried.

potential-popo0vklf.jpg

Jiren grew on me for its simplicity. Take a common alien design that's usually wirey and take it in the other direction. I also particularly like the Pride Trooper's uniform.

goku-copyzyjln.png

Someone mentioned Super Buu, and a detail that's lost in the manga is the hands. In the manga, Buu's hands develop more as he absorbs more people. Fat Buu has gloves for hands, then until he's absorbed Gohan, some of his fingers are still not fully distinct from palm. Like Piccolo growing an extra finger in the anime, it's probably because censors/studios are sensitive about people whose hands might invoke yakuza.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
man, it speaks wonders about dragonball that even the worst designs (barring stuff from GT) are just "meh". I've seen some garbage ass designs in other popular shonen (mainly women) and they make the worst of the worst from Dragonball look amazing
You need to rephrase that, as DB worst includes the racist designs of Mr. Popo, General. Black and most, if not all, black people in the original dragon ball.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
You need to rephrase that, as DB worst includes the racist designs of Mr. Popo, General. Black and most, if not all, black people in the original dragon ball.

I don't know if that's true. Certainly more in the anime, but other dark-skinned character like Pamput and King Chappa probably wouldn't get complaints.

e8kaq.png

vnkmx.png

Chumunga64

Banned
Jun 22, 2018

I always just ignore dragonball since I hadn't watched it until after Z and I didn't "get it" like people say it's really good and I'm like "this isn't good at all."

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
GregariousDisgustingBabirusa-size_restricted.gif

yCrR8F.gif

I don't think it's a bad design, honestly. The Cell saga in the manga doesn't drag on as long as Buu, but both had very strong early chapters.

Super has uglier designs.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017