• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KRBM

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
I wonder if I'm the only one feeling this way about the Switch lately. There was so much enthusiasm about the Switch one year ago, and I feel like it's evaporating lately. Thus whereas we applauded Nintendo last year on bringing one great and most often innovative game every month, this year the discussions have tended to center around:
  • high price/quality ratio of games (e.g. Kirby Star Allies, Donkey Kong: TF, "Switch tax", cost of cartridges)
  • lower than expected output of AA exclusives (e.g. "dry" first half of 2018, unexpected extended support for 3DS)
  • missing functionality (e.g. no internet browser, not enough media apps, no save backup, no integrated voice chat, USB-C non-compliance)
Whereas all of these complains are sometimes defended from Nintendo's point of view (e.g. DK:TF at $60 is viable; 3DS has a huge install base; browser -> piracy), such a defense doesn't diminish these disappointments for the end-user.

What are your thoughts on this? Is the honeymoon period over or have we always been complaining?

Status
Not open for further replies.