• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Does the Avenger's theme rank among the most iconic movie themes?

• Yes

Votes: 638 42.6%
  • No

Votes: 688 45.9%
  • Not now but it will be

Votes: 172 11.5%

• Total voters

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017

I think it is, hearing it in theaters always causes my heart to skip a beat

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Definitely, yes! Every time I hear it I get this overwhelming sense of joy and it's gotten to the point of being synonymous with the Avengers franchise and the MCU in general.

Oct 25, 2017
I think it is. I scoffed at how simple it was years ago when I first heard it, but I think it's become synonymous with the brand.

Fudgepuppy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even though I know how it goes, I have a hard time humming it. Just awkward timing.

It feels like the most basic theme, which kind of makes sense when you have so many characters and styles at the same time.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
No. It's a theme I immediately recognise but subsequently immediately forget when it's over. Can't hum it if I wanted to, which I easily can do with Indiana Jones, Star Wars, LotR, Jurassic Park...

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
It wasn't at first, but as it's been reprised across the different films - it has absolutely grown on me. Definitely going to be as iconic as the greats with time.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hearing it during the Infinity War trailer is when I finally realized it is, no question about it.

Jul 18, 2018
I honestly didn't even know what the theme music was for the Avengers. However if u had me pick themes from Marvel film, I can pick that out. Otherwise no idea it was

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's iconic but not as iconic as stuff like Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Jaws, or Jurassic Park. Probably not as iconic as the Harry Potter theme either.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
When you compare it against the Star Wars and Superman themes? Of course not.

It's more iconic than most movie themes, though.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
if Star Wars is at a 10, Avengers is at a 6 at best

i clicked the link in the OP and listened to the first minute and 1/2 and dont recognize any of it, and ive seen all 3 avengers movies,

im dropping it down to a 4 at best

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017

I was never more sure of the theme being an all time great until I experienced this scene with a roaring applause from the audience. That's a memory I'll never forget.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No.

Butt hat doesn't mean I won't get "chills" moments or teary moments like Thor and Cap's entrances in IW.

May 10, 2018
It is for me. I honestly don't even know the MOS theme and I've watched it multiple times. I'll probably recognize it once I hear it but off the top of my head? Nope.

I know the WW theme though.

StoveOven

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I instantly recognize it when I hear it, but everytime I try to play it in my head I just think of a Marine recruitment ad.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Buildup isn't the greatest. Takes a little too long to really get my blood pumped. With Elfman's Batman and Williams's Superman themes the first notes were enough to get me hyped.

Star Wars is on a completely different level.