• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Does the Avenger's theme rank among the most iconic movie themes?

• Yes

Votes: 638 42.6%
  • No

Votes: 688 45.9%
  • Not now but it will be

Votes: 172 11.5%

• Total voters

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts

Wait you guys are honestly telling me that when this plays you don't instantly recognize this as MOS theme?

I know the film was divisive but the music is both awesome and instantly recognizable

DCEU, even with less than stellar films, managed to pump out a few memorable themes. Still hoping Marvel can knock a few out of the park soon.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
John Williams could write a theme for Superman taking a poop and it would probably win a Grammy or Academy Award. And it would be well deserved.

V-Faction

Oct 25, 2017
Man of Steel? Wonder Woman? Y'all trippin'?

Avenger's Theme is above those. Maybe it doesn't quite hang with, y'know, Star Wars or friggin' Indiana Jones, but I'm willing to give it the Batman or Superman level of awareness.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I've definitely learned from this thread that everyone has their own bias and bubble. Okay well I knew that already, but even more now.

Oct 25, 2017
It's not top-tier iconic but it's more memorable to me than people are giving it credit.

But wow, does the MCU need more themes. Because hearing the Avenger's theme for the 50th time during Infinity War was like ugh pleassse stop

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen every Marvel movie except Captain Marvel and I legit can't remember any of the music, including the themes.

So I'm gonna go with naw.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
I don't think it's quite up there with the others yet, but even as a non-fan, I have to admit it can absolutely be considered iconic by now.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone seriously arguing it isn't iconic is off their rocker.

I'm astounded they nailed the theme as perfectly as they did. It's instantly recognizable and it makes you extremely hyped/sad depending on which version you're hearing.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Even just listening to the theme, there's only like one part of the theme that's actually good. Compare that to the Indiana Jones theme.

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
It wasn't at first, but as it's been reprised across the different films - it has absolutely grown on me. Definitely going to be as iconic as the greats with time.
Yeah, initially, I didn't recognize it without YouTubing it but by the time the Infinity War trailer laid down those first few notes of the remix, I immediately recognized it.

I dunno if that makes it iconic though.

Now, the Wonder Woman theme, they nailed that.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The whole thing is not, but the wind part of the song that happens like 2 minutes in is the most symbolic piece of music in the superhero genre since the superman theme.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Only by way of repetition I feel. It's good, but it didn't emmediately inspire or stick with me, and seemingly a lot of people, until recently.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Are you saying you don't see DBZ merchandise or people talking about it? It's literally in every GameStop and Hot Topic. The manga has been done for years and yet the series stlll continues. The latest movie got #3 at the box office with a limited run, and outlets that don't usually talk about it were. It gets like 3 video games a year and you have young adults who have grown up on it for 20 years spreading the fandom.

But it's all in my head. Sure man.
It actually is in your head. Do you really believe DB has trascended anime and become more mainstream? Hot topic? Game stop? A movie? Those aren't convincing stats.

pavaloo

Oct 25, 2017
didn't feel like it in 2012 but as the motif kept coming back i realized how strong it was

at this point it feels iconic as fuck, synonymous with the brand imo

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
I literally only remember it when it's played. If you asked me right now to hum the Avengers theme, I wouldn't be able to do it.

So no.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
It might be on the level of the elfman batman theme one day who knows but lmao never gonna be star wars theme iconic or as memorable as Williams superman either

Oct 27, 2017
if Star Wars is at a 10, Avengers is at a 6 at best

i clicked the link in the OP and listened to the first minute and 1/2 and dont recognize any of it, and ive seen all 3 avengers movies,

im dropping it down to a 4 at best

The iconic part is about 2/3 way through, I think. I agree that the rest isn't very memorable.

J2C

Oct 26, 2017
It's opening melody is pretty okay. Then it doesn't go anywhere as a theme. Nowhere near Williams' classics.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Have there even been any new iconic themes in the past 10 years? Avengers is top 5 of the last 10 years.

Emmert

Banned
Oct 23, 2018
I would put it below Superman's and Batman's and would put Star Wars above those. It's close though.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
My friend who isn't a comic book, film, game, online person in any way heard me playing the latest avengers trailer and justcaughtthe music and said "Avengers, cool!".

I think people like that know it. We all know it. So if it's. It quite there yet it will be in time. The films are far too popular for it not to be, as much as that obviously pains many of you.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
It's pretty bad, in fact it's easily the worst piece of music in the entirety of the MCU films, and that's not saying much.

Its only recognisable because it's used so much and forced into the Infinity War trailers. It's forced onto us.

It's just so dull and awkward and doesn't fit with the personalities or any of the moments it's used in.

21 box office leading films and the only recognisable music is "Back in Black" and "The Immigrant song".

Last edited: