• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
What crazy weather this climate change has brought! Fires and heat in regions that don't normally get it (or just worsened) and in the Bay Area in sunny CA.... and it feels more like fall weather! Every summer since I moved, you need to blast the fans on to get through the heat some nights. Gross being outside at 11PM and it's still warm out. Now? Sun starting to set and it's getting chilly :x I get cold waking up at night, and the morning is still cool. It's so... weird. Checked the forecast and it's barely getting to the mid 80s at the highest point for the next week or so. And yet, we had an odd heat wave back in January and during the Superbowl week I remember. Couple other heat waves, and now... this.

Maybe I just haven't lived here long enough to see a similar year of an abnormal climate swing, but it seems like one of those weird out of balance things going on right now (sorry Northern Europe, I think we gave you our heat!)

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wish I was cold at night these days.

Poor Bay Area and its moderate temperatures

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
I've lived here three and a half years and I still have no idea what the weather is supposed to be like at any given time of the year.

junk

Nov 1, 2017
this is normal for the bay area. the heat will be back though, especially 1st week of October.

OP
OP
Curler

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
this is normal for the bay area. the heat will be back though, especially 1st week of October.

I have seen some years go through different cycles. Like a couple less warmer summers, but then fall will be the real summer. But in the decade I've been here, I don't recall it being summer and waking up cold cause the window is open :x

Heh one thing is for sure is the Bay Area weather is very fickle.

For sure!

junk

Nov 1, 2017
I have seen some years go through different cycles. Like a couple less warmer summers, but then fall will be the real summer. But in the decade I've been here, I don't recall it being summer and waking up cold cause the window is open :x

For sure!

curious, what district are you in?

Catdaddy

Oct 27, 2017
TN
Was there mid June last year and had to buy a sweatshirt for the nights as I packed poorly.