• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Old_School_Hamburglar.jpg

He's got a costume and a cape, and an insanely dark backstory. He makes trouble for the magical protagonist, and yet he seems to always get away and come back to fuck things up in the future. Is he considered a super villain?

Oct 25, 2017
no super powers = not a super villian

edit: if someone gonna talk about "normal" human supervillians like lex luthor his exceptional brainpower, money and influence counts as super "power"

Oct 25, 2017
So the joker isn't a supervillain?
I don't mean power as in ability to fly, I mean power as in ability to influence, act or control upon the world. the joker doesn't have super strength, but he absolutely has a super ability to wreak havoc across gotham and against the batman.

the hamburgler by contrast is completely ineffectual against Ronald Mc D

OP
OP

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't mean power as in ability to fly, I mean power as in ability to influence, act or control upon the world. the joker doesn't have super strength, but he absolutely has a super ability to wreak havoc across gotham and against the batman.

the hamburgler by contrast is completely ineffectual against Ronald Mc D

The Hamburgler wreaks havoc across McDonald-Land. he's their number 1 most wanted criminal, because he ruins meals. In a land where eating hamburgers is literally the center of life, being known as the dude who robs people of hamburgers is a huge fucking deal.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
How come I kept picturing Wimpy from Popeye....

I used to think this was Ronald McDonald with a mask on

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
no super powers = not a super villian

edit: if someone gonna talk about "normal" human supervillians like lex luthor his exceptional brainpower, money and influence counts as super "power"

Eh...the bodega bandit is technically a supervillain.

The club isnt really all that exclusive

Edit: actually the bodega bandit is a supervillain EXPLICITLY based on the Hamburglar. He's a blantant ripoff/homage to him.

So theres your answer.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Grimace still cries itself to sleep every night after what the Hamburgler did to him.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What has he ever done besides steal a plate full of hamburgers?

"Always seems to come back" is a weak justification for super villain status. Just because Mayor McCheese is soft on crime that doesn't mean repeat offenders are super villains.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How bad was the jail the Hamburgler broke out of? Maybe he's just a product of the Prison McDonalds Complex

Chojin

Oct 26, 2017
He constantly foils Ronald. I mean he gets caught sometimes but the commercials are just propaganda for McDonaldland tourism promoting burger safety.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
In The Wacky Adventures of Ronald McDonald he's a friend of Ronald but is also a backstabbing asshole. He also has self-esteem issues.

cheese toast

Oct 29, 2017
Ronald - 2019
Grimace - 2020
Mayor McCheese - 2021
Birdie + Officer Big Mac - 2022
...leading to the team-up movie of McDonald's - 2023

The McCU.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Actually, speaking of the villains in McDonald's canon. Grimace used to be a villain, and when he was, he had four arms. Now he's good and he has two. Were the arms controlling him like they were possessed by Liquid Snake or something? Did Ronald McDonald befriend Grimace by ripping his extra arms off?

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's more an anime villain. Ronald Mcdonald beat him in a fight, then he joined up to take on larger threats.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I remember in one of the games Hambuglar and Ronald were chums and even had a hyper move of some sort together.