• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

would you be excited for Killzone on PS5?

• yes

Votes: 350 55.7%
  • no

Votes: 278 44.3%

• Total voters

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be down for another Killzone, but I would love to finally get to play from the Helghast perspective.

Feb 10, 2018
I think the lore and story is as interesting as halo so no.
To be honest setting is not that important for an fps to be good.
Who would of thought the best fps campaign this gen would of been from a titan fall game.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
For now, it'll be back eventually. I skipped most of the franchise and wish they had ported the hd collection over.

Oct 28, 2017
if it returns, will it be in a battle royal favor or something completely different? now that they have experience with open worlds i hope they try some open world rpg action kind of thing with the franchise, as long as you play as a helghan

on a side note, ive never or perhaps barely ever used the ignore list in any website but right now i have 99 people in it just in era alone

Kickfister

May 9, 2019
Killzone is a franchise I really wanted to love, but instead I just kinda like it. I love the attention to detail and the weighty feel to the guns. The levels themselves just didn't do it for me, although it's been a while since I've played any of them. It wouldn't surprise me if the franchise got another installment, but it also wouldn't surprise me if it was dead.

Feb 8, 2018
Sure but why not start with an idea that's exciting to begin with?

You can implement exciting ideas into a shooter. We haven't scratched the surface of what is possible. There is a lot of room left in A.I, physics and of course visuals (and more) If 1st person shooters do not excite you, no one will be able to convince you of the opposite to begin with.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be interested in a Killzone reboot.

The franchise has a lot of potential that it hasn't really tapped into

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
We had 6 Killzone Games and the Franchise never really took off in terms of Sales.
What makes you think, that the next one will do? Why should GG waste 100-150 People (and a AAA Budget) on another Killzone Game with a sales potential that is far from their Horizon IP.

Better use the Talent for a new IP or a dedicated Horizon Online Game

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope my prediction is correct and we'll get a 'hardcore' MP only Killzone game soon.

Oct 30, 2017
I hope not.

I loved both Killzone and Resistance, but I'm afraid the focus has shifted already to 3rd person gamed for good.

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
Not the biggest fan of the franchise, but I want to believe it's not dead. Sony would make a mistake to let this series die. Guerrilla Games is a studio full of talented people, it'd be a shame if they had to focus on their most recent franchise only.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
i could argue it's a series thar's nothing without it's graphical prowess, and in an age of diminishing returns that becomes meaningless. i mean, kz2 on ps3 was unreal. kz on ps4 was meh graphically, dont care what anybody says. partly because it's hard to think of an fps that looks way better than any other in 2019. there's no outlier like a crysis or something, because that age is over.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Hell, do a lower budget DL only sequel to Liberation. Put Housemarque on it.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It'll be back in an open world form I'm sure.

f8t5osowxekk61fhjqnlwdzk11.gif

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Not the biggest fan of the franchise, but I want to believe it's not dead. Sony would make a mistake to let this series die. Guerrilla Games is a studio full of talented people, it'd be a shame if they had to focus on their most recent franchise only.

they could work on a new Shooter IP instead?

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
I would much prefer that GG did something better with their time. The 2nd and 3rd games were good, and I finished Shadowfall and the Vita game, but I always found the series somewhat generic and would like something completely new.

That being said if they do another one I hope there is a new enemy/villain. I'm tired of the Helghast and I found them terribly uninspired designs from Day 1 so if they're not in the game then I'd be far more excited for a new KZ.

peter42O

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 21, 2019
Voted yes. Not only am I expecting a new Killzone game to launch with PlayStation 5, I would be interested in the game. Shadow Fall looked amazing but playing it years after other superior First Person Shooters was simply a bad idea. Looking forward to seeing it at Sony's E3 2020 showcase as I would be shocked if it's not there.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
Make it VR compatible and you have a winner! But if they don't want to return to the franchise I'd be ok with it, make something new.

Jan 4, 2018
Never played Killzone but was always interested in the setting and PlayStation needs more first party multiplayer shooters, in my opinion.

Druffmaul

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 24, 2018
I'd definitely be excited for new Killzone. I got in on the ground floor when the original was announced in the middle of 2003, and granted the series had its ups and downs, but I'm one of the 10 or so people on earth who actually liked Shadowfall. I don't really expect more Killzone at this point, in the wake of Horizon's success. And I'd much prefer they wrap up whatever they have planned for the Horizon franchise before they go back to Killzone.

ryseing

Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Never played Killzone but was always interested in the setting and PlayStation needs more first party multiplayer shooters, in my opinion.

Sony took such interesting chances last gen too with MP shooters. I guess they all didn't totally work out which is why they aren't making them anymore.

Ah well. Here's hoping TLOU 2's MP is good at least.

Jan 4, 2018
Sony took such interesting chances last gen too with MP shooters. I guess they all didn't totally work out which is why they aren't making them anymore.

Ah well. Here's hoping TLOU 2's MP is good at least.

Yeah, I tried TLOU multiplayer for the first time last month and despite the frustrating learning curve I was really interested in the execution. Would really love to see how the multiplayer evolves in Part 2.

ryseing

Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Yeah, I tried TLOU multiplayer for the first time last month and despite the frustrating learning curve I was really interested in the execution. Would really love to see how the multiplayer evolves in Part 2.

You missed out. TLoU MP in its prime was the best MP experience I had last gen.

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
Honestly, I say ignore the previous games and make a Bad Company style game, but in the KZ universe. Mercenaries was a great launching point for such a franchise.

The hyper series World War 1/2'esc story was never really engaging. The gameplay encounters outside of Mercenaries were poorly designed too. Why not have more interesting characters and inject more levity in to the games. They don't have to be Borderlands or anything, but they've had multiple titles now exploring the hyper serious military shooter route and it's never worked out for them.

motherless

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I'd take another Killzone over any new COD, Halo, etc any day. Same with Resistance.

Sadly the best games (Motostorm, Resistance, Killzone) don't seem to be getting any follow ups.

Feb 8, 2018
They could still make another shooter.

I'd be interested in what you view as exciting and inspiring ideas for a shooter. There has been experimental stuff in shooters troughout generations.

KZ3 SP is debatable (Still enjoyable to me) and I can't remember much from original KZ other than it did feature a solid Multiplayer mode for its time. KZ3 MP is also generally praised and I liked it as well.

Last edited:

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be interested in what you view as exciting and inspiring ideas for a shooter. There has been experimental stuff in shooters troughout generations.

KZ3 SP is debatable (Still enjoyable to me) and I can't remember much from original KZ other than it did feature a solid Multiplayer mode for its tim, KZ3 MP is also generally praised and I liked it as well.
I mean in terms of world design, story, and types of combat engagement. Basically the only memorable thing about Killzone is that the bad guys have red eyes - which is not good. They need another franchise that has a robot dinosaur level of catch.

Flavius

Oct 28, 2017
Orlando, FL
I chose "yes" in your poll, but honestly, I'm totally fine if I never play another Killzone game again. Aside from the creepy vibe, fighting space nazis, and the art design...there isn't much there. KZ2 will always have a place in my heart for being such a weird ass game that I actually enjoyed (and shockingly met many of the unreal expectations set by Sony in my opinion), but I think they nailed it with KZ3...even if I didn't enjoy it as much, and didn't really have anywhere compelling to go after that.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I never really cared for Killzone, and Shadow Fall was such an underwhelming experience overall that I probably wouldn't care if it came back or stayed quiet as a franchise.

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Killzone's time came and went.

It also feels like via interviews etc, that the people at Guerilla feel more creatively energized with Horizon

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
I wish I could play KZ2 and 3 online. Back then I didn't do MP shooters and I'd love to see what their take was. KZ:SF feels weird the few times I've tried it.

Iacomus

Dec 26, 2018
I'd be down for another Killzone but the problem is the series just doesn't appeal to me anymore.

1 was meh, 2 was amazing, 3 was a refinement of 2, Mercenary really kept me entertained for a Vita game and Shadowfall was a visual grindfest.

• Would Killzone benefit from a Overwatch/Team Fortress style remake so each character has specific traits?
  • Would Killzone benefit from a Fortnite approach to gameplay? Its normally a squad game, so why not use it in Battle Royale?
  • Would Killzone benefit from a VR approach? Get an immersive unique experience?

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think so.

Horizon was more sucessfull than every Killzone they made together (talking out of my ass here but it is probably not so far from true) so there is no going back now.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
If another company wanted to give it a shot, I'd support that fine. As long as GG is doing their own thing and gives me more Aloy, I'm a happy camper.