• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lackless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
By mother nature's standards, reproducing is literally the only objective in life. If you can't reproduce any more, Earth considers you a water of oxygen and resources.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah sex is cool and all but have you ever listened to someone you love talk about something they're super passionate about and see their eyes start slowly to sparkle as they get excited about it and your heart grows like ten times bigger

Jasup

Oct 25, 2017
Yurop
In some countries yes xD
Ok, I'll leave it at that.
Ugly people only screw other ugly people because they have no other choice and have to settle. Given the chance they would always bang the hotter person
Ok, this is a third different topic here.
1) Attractiveness towards other members of a species (why are we attracted to other humans)
2) Attractiveness of certain traits within the species (what is considered attractive and why)
3) Attractiveness and it's effect on power structures

Oh, and what does "attraction" mean

This is very confusing. What was the original question again?

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She's Natalie Dormer though. It's like saying "I don't get why people find scarlet johanson attractive when she has that birthmark on her neck". When everything else about you is attractive people tend to not notice the little things.

But people like the lopsided smile of Natalie itself, which apparently they shouldn't according to this thread. They don't like "everything about Natalie Dormer except the lopsided smile", they like even the smile itself

OP
OP
Threekola Miroswish
Feb 15, 2018
Ok, I'll leave it at that.

Ok, this is a third different topic here.
1) Attractiveness towards other members of a species (why are we attracted to other humans)
2) Attractiveness of certain traits within the species (what is considered attractive and why)
3) Attractiveness and it's effect on power structures

Oh, and what does "attraction" mean

This is very confusing. What was the original question again?

What's your favourite Marina and the Diamonds song

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Ugly ass mofos are the outliers
What kind of world do you live on? majority are 'average' looking but yet most people (like 95%) can find mates if they so desire to, have kids and/or marriage, its not some kind of game were only the top can find success even if they have more advantages.in fact we have so many people in the world already breeding isn't a problem for the human race, attractiveness can also mean personality, values education or even (yes) money.

Hell there are attractive guys who can't find girlfriends because they are pieces of shit with some very disturbing thoughts!
Human mind is much more complex than that imo

Last edited:
OP
OP
Threekola Miroswish
Feb 15, 2018
What kind of world do you live on? majority are 'average' looking but yet most people (like 95%) can find mates if they so desire to, have kids and/or marriage, its not some kind of game were only the top can find success even if they have more advantages.in fact we have so many people in the world already breeding isn't a problem for the human race, attractiveness can also mean personality, values or even (yes) money.

Hell there are attractive guys who can't find girlfriends because they are pieces of shit with some very disturbing thoughts!
Human mind is much more complex than that imo

Hmm true. Most guys would upsell to a hotter partner if the opportunity arose doe

JaketheSnake

Nov 7, 2017
Hmm true. Most guys would upsell to a hotter partner if the opportunity arose doe
Holy shit that's crazy. Most people I know don't treat their SO like a car that they upsell every year or two. Have you actually ever cared about someone? Not just had sex but actually, genuinely gave a shit about another human being? I can totally see where your attitude comes from though if you don't see your SO as a real person and just some sexual pitstop.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal

That you think this says nothing about "most guys," but a lot about yourself.

Also I'd recommend checking out The Evolution of Beauty by Richard Prum. It doesn't focus on humans but it's still an interesting response to your question.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I'm attracted to people I can't mate with, so there must have been a bug in the system when i was programed haha
hey if Mother Nature's only purpose for humans was having kids Gays and Asexuals wouldn't even exist, its not an error, no because thats a dangerous thought that brings conflict, there is so much you or anyone without kids can do for others/family as well as yourself, or have already done.people must find value on themselves first and then to others.

Hooky

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's true. We like to think of ourselves as being all advanced and what noooooot right now:

OP
OP
Threekola Miroswish
Feb 15, 2018
Me and short term bae from about 10 years ago whom I was completely obssessed with

MOD EDIT: Removal of Inappropriate Content

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Humans aren't objectively attractive. Our minds have evolved in a certain way to find certain traits aesthetically pleasing. For some humans, that's a major part in determining who you want to bone, so to speak. But for others "attractiveness" is just a trait, perhaps not even one that helps in selecting a mate. Just, like, "oh yeah, he's a pretty guy. Cool. Not interested though."

There's also definitely societal conditioning going on for what traits we find attractive or not. Most sub-Saharan Africans find Westerners hilarious for our breast obsession, for instance, because to them, those are just milk glands. Which in the end IS all breasts are. Just like eyes are just wet holes we see with, or asscheeks are the fleshy lumps that connect our legs to our torso and cushion us, or noses are just structures that aid in guiding scents for evaluation. None of these are inherently evolved to be attractive- they were selected by nature because they work. It's just, our minds have evolved to find certain physical traits as signifiers of attractiveness, with our upbringing or brain chemistry helping determine just what we find alluring.

Asexuals who finds others aesthetically pleasing disproves this.
Yeup! Ace people can definitely see certain people as really hot, but not want to do anything like that with them.

Deleted member 5086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some of the comments in this thread are veering straight into Boys Club territory. Let's not do this, please. Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.