• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FluffyQuack

Nov 27, 2017
The PC demo of Resident Evil 3 is one week old, and in that time we've had these mods:
  • All enemies replaced with Nemesis.
  • Nemesis replaced with Thomas the Tank Engine (also mods replacing him with Pennywise, and some other "meme" characters I don't recognize).
  • A trainer with an absurd amount of features (slow motion, enemy speed sliders, extended graphics options, and more).
  • A code injection mod adding a first-person camera.
  • Almost every Jill outfit you can think of (STARS, BSAA, and classic RE3).
  • Jill with her classic face model.
  • Other Jill outfit replacements (dress, Regina from Dino Crisis, spec ops outfit, Isabelle Animal Crossing mask. 2B from Nier)
  • Carlos replaced with Mega Man.
  • Mod replacing Nemesis with his classic look.
  • Various Reshade presets.
  • Classic inventory UI.
  • "Exploration mode" mod (turns off item pickup hints and removes map colouring showing what you've explored).
  • PS4 and Switch button prompt mods.
  • Every character turned into 2D sprites.
  • Some gun reskins and model replacements.
  • Demo translated to Arabic.
  • Weapon names renamed to their real counterparts.
  • And of course, the type of mod you can expect for literally every game: nude mods.
I'm not sure if I can think of any other demo which has had a modding scene this active. It's crazy all of this has been created in just one week. Of course, it helps that modding tools created for RE2 works with RE3 with minimal changes, but it's still insane modding progress. I'm not sure what other games have had modding scenes become this active so quickly.

If anyone wants to experiment with the RE3 demo and modding, these two places are the best sources for mods:

Resident Evil 3 Reimagined Modification Releases |

Create a mod that is finished and is ready for a public release?! Come here, pick the proper section that best fits your mod, and share it with the world!
www.nexusmods.com

Mods :: Resident Evil 3 (2020)

Browse 687 mods for Resident Evil 3 (2020) at Nexus Mods

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Okay, I'll bite. Is the classic face mod good? I definitely prefer the new model but would be cool with some comparisons.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I'll bite. Is the classic face mod good? I definitely prefer the new model but would be cool with some comparisons.
5-1584813868-1749182874.jpeg

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
The mod where every zombie is nemesis is ResetEra's worst nightmare.

JudgmentJay

Nov 14, 2017
Texas
Is there a mod to get rid of the vignette? Because that's all I care about at launch. RE2 looks so much better without it.

OP
OP
FluffyQuack

FluffyQuack

Nov 27, 2017

Spider-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Probably not.

It is mainly because RE2 Remake was massively modded and so the experience is there since it's the same engine and it's very easy now for them to go wild.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
Wishful thinking but I secretly hope they figure out how to import environments/levels . Probably wishful thinking since if it was possible they'd probably do it with the other RE Engine games. A man can dream