• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to be as ambiguous as I can.

So I'm not going to spoil anything for the game. Don't worry. I'd also personally wouldn't read past this post if you haven't beat the game.

But God Of War PS4 has lots of cool points and lots of cool locations.

There are lots of screenshots and videos that I would love to post and share online, but that also can ruin the game for some people.

But at the same time, how long do you think we have to walk on eggshells? Is there a point where we can say "ok, you've had enough time to beat the game." I guarantee you SunhiLegend is waiting to break free, lol.

Like, what is non-dick move here for twitter, for resetera, facebook, youtube, or just even generally talking about the game?

Like, I want to talk about/share stuff on twitter, but I also don't want to be an asshole about it.

Do mods have any say in this?

bmoral64

Mar 23, 2018
Personally, as someone who hasn't played the game yet, as long as spoilers are clearly marked and easy to avoid I have no problem with that stuff being online.

MegaBeefBowl

Oct 31, 2017
A month?

If an experience is ruined because of a spoiler, it probably wasn't worth caring about in the first place. The surprise of a moment shouldn't be the best part of it, especially in God of War where there are clues for every plot point in the game spread throughout.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
two weeks after release should be the deadline for spoiler warnings, and that's being generous. after that it's on you if you haven't gotten around to it (whether it's a movie or a game or whatever) and it's unreasonable to inconvenience others by your laziness and/or lack of interest.

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Do as you please. My opinion is that people should grow up and stop being so sensitive about stuff like this. The game has been out for a while now, its to be expected that you will see or read about material from the game if you frequent gaming focused websites. If people feel strongly enough about it then they should limit their online activity to websites that don't revolve around gaming. I'm of the mindset that after the game is out, if you get spoiled and you didn't want to then it's on you.

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
Do as you please. My opinion is that people should grow up and stop being so sensitive about stuff like this. The game has been out for a while now, its to be expected that you will see or read about material from the game if you frequent gaming focused websites. If people feel strongly enough about it then they should limit their online activity to websites that don't revolve around gaming. I'm of the mindset that after the game is out, if you get spoiled and you didn't want to then it's on you.

What do you mean out for a while now? It's barely 2 weeks old fam.

bmoral64

Mar 23, 2018
two weeks after release should be the deadline for spoiler warnings, and that's being generous. after that it's on you if you haven't gotten around to it (whether it's a movie or a game or whatever) and it's unreasonable to inconvenience others by your laziness and/or lack of interest.

I feel like this is forgetting the fact that not every one can always afford to get the newest big release. It's hardly an inconvenience to mark your spoilers anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.