• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Y'all out here touting chemical-laden stuff when Zevia exists? All natural, zero calories, lots of flavors, sells at Whole Foods/Amazon, delicious. Replaced La Croix for me.

I'm always open to trying new things like this. You mean the diet soda one? There's a "variety pack" on Amazon for $25. A little pricy but I'd give it a try. How is getting carbonated drinks on Amazon? Seems like a horrible idea with the constant moving and throwing of the USPS. Lmao.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
There are plenty of good diet sodas out there. I've drank it exclusively for 17-18 years now. Diet Mountain Dew is my go-to, but it does take a little getting used to. It's the best of the common options at restaurants, etc. That and Coke Zero Sugar, when drank very cold, are excellent. You're going to get much better options at a store. Some of my favorites are Pibb Zero, Diet Mountain Dew Code Red, Diet Barq's Root Beer, Diet A&W Cream Soda, and Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper.

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
Is there regular soda that doesn't? I can't drink sugar soda anymore because now it has a funny aftertaste for me. My taste buds did a complete 180.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
Oh, and I forgot one from my original recommendations: Diet Code Red Mt Dew. It's so much better than regular Diet Mt Dew that it's not even funny, but it isn't even close to being a single widely available and it doesn't usually go on sale. It is in the top-tier of drinks for sure. Can't believe I forgot about it (seeing Pibb Zero a few posts above reminded me though, because like how some people don't have Diet Code Red available to them, I've only spotted Pibb Zero in the Midwest like five years ago).

uncelestial

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA, USA
I'm always open to trying new things like this. You mean the diet soda one? There's a "variety pack" on Amazon for $25. A little pricy but I'd give it a try. How is getting carbonated drinks on Amazon? Seems like a horrible idea with the constant moving and throwing of the USPS. Lmao.
Try it man! I get Zevia from PrimeNow Amazon so it doesn't travel far enough to get shook up in transit, but I feel like ymmv on ordering from Amazon proper if that's not an option. Whole Foods stocks it too.

Feb 10, 2018
Diet lilt, diet Pepsi max taste great to me.
But only drink like 1 or 2 a day, they are still not great for you, u need just plain still water to wash out your body.

optimiss

May 17, 2018
Dry soda is real soda with less sugar, so it is low calorie. You can get it at CVS. Might be a good option for the occasional treat.

They also make a zero cal version but I haven't tried it.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
I try to drink just water, but that can get a little boring so I've been trying out various sparkling waters. So far I liked this Golden Emblem sparkling water. I found it in CVS, not sure if you can find it any where else. It's .79 cents for a 1 litter bottle. I'll buy two and I'm good a while.

IMG_4943-e1519600650270.jpg

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
Taste fine to me after giving up sugary drinks. It's never going to taste good if you are hooked on the real thing.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
Cherry Coke Zero is my personal jam, but I've also enjoyed Diet Dr. Pepper, Vanilla Coke Zero, whatever. It tastes a bit weird at first, but you'll get used to it quickly.

I could never get used to just water, though. I tried, I really did, but it was never enough (plus the magical benefits everyone talks about never realized themselves).

Shigs

Oct 31, 2017
Los Angeles
Diet Colas are just as bad if not worse for you than sugared sodas. If you really miss cola, stay off of dark sodas (and especially Mountain Dew) and stick with clear diet sodas like 7-Up and Sprite.

Deleted member 36086

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 13, 2017
I'm making some lifestyle changes and have cut out soda entirely, sticking with sparkling water, unsweetened tea, and water from now on. I really, really miss soda, though. I was a coke drinker for life. Is there any diet soda out there that doesn't have the godawful tongue-covering aftertaste? Looking for recommendations from anyone about their favorites. I'm also open to sparkling water with essence in it (a la Bubly and those) so give me any suggestions you have!

Fresca. My favorite 0 cal soda, and I've tried a lot different brands. Diet A&W and Diet Sunkist taste just like the regular versions.

Ashdroid

Oct 27, 2017
Diet Rite is the only diet soda that doesn't taste terrible to me. It uses splenda sweetener.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
It's basically subjective. I know many people complain about the after taste of stevia, but, I just don't taste it. In particular with True Lemon/ True Lime products you can mix with Soda water.

There are also stevia soda drinks you can buy that aren't half bad if you buy the fruity flavors like grape.

Tanerian

Feb 24, 2018
Dr. Pepper is like my last choice on the list of Soda's I will drink.

But Diet Dr. Pepper is by far the least offensive diet soda and its' not even close.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
Coke Zero Sugar is the only one that is remotely close to the original
But I feel like, instead of NOT having the aftertaste typical of diet soda, it actually has some other taste that cancels it out or something. Am I crazy??

Actually Coke Zero Cherry isn't bad either, but good to know that Zero Sugar Cherry is coming. ZS > Z

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017
Diet Dr Pepper taste's the closest to the original. I'm partial to Coke Zero, but it does have a bit of an after taste.

if you are at a fast food place with a Coke Freestyle machine get a diet raspberry gingerale..it will change your life

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Diet anything is a disgusting drink for disgusting people. Your best bet is to go with flavored sparkling water or just drink less real soda.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Coke Zero Sugar is the only diet drink I can drink. I despise all others. That one though I actually like.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
... Monster Zero Ultra is, like, the only diet drink I like more than the equivalent sugary version--but it's obviously not something you wanna be drinking a lot of if you, y'know, like sleep.

Coke Zero's fine, and I go through phases where I really like Pepsi Max.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
After a few days of swapping Coke Zero out for regular Coke I couldn't tell the difference anymore. I think if you give your taste buds time to adjust the aftertaste goes away.

Horned Reaper

Nov 7, 2017
Just keep drinking water until you don't have the sugar craving anymore. Probably easier if you cut down on carbs overall.

OP
OP
Pickman

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV
Went with Coke Zero Vanilla since I don't really care for the taste of cherry soda. It's really good, but I'll still drink them sparingly. Thank you all for your suggestions!

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
I like Diet Coke more now that they changed from Coke Zero to Coke Zero Sugar. Either of those are my go to though.