• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dougald

Oct 27, 2017
There may be funnier moments, but nothing is more memorable to me than steamed hams, despite not having seen the show in years. As far as I'm concerned it's the best joke

You are an odd fellow, but you steam a good ham

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe not as iconic as Steamed Hams, but Homer's conscious effort to stop swearing while attempting to build a dog house never fails to make me chuckle.

Fiddle dee dee! That will require a tetanus shot.

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
Steamed Hams was already the funniest moment of the show but now that shitposts have emerged it has ascended into the pantheon

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
It's the best dialogue-driven scene in the Simpsons, no doubt. Some short and one-off gags are just as funny to me, though (Sideshow Bob and the rakes, the meeting Homer has with Mr. Burns in which he thinks Burns is trying to seduce him, Homer attempting to impersonate Mr. Burns at the post office).

Monogatari

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When I was a kid, Steamed Hams was where I first heard of the Aurora Borealis.

As for my contribution to the thread:

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
I think the german version of that scene is even funnier, primarily because they called "steamed hams" "gedämpfte huscheln", huscheln rhimes with muscheln (clams) but it's a made up nonsense word, it makes the entire conversation even more absurd. I also prefer the delivery of Skinner's "Yes" and "No" towards the end.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Steamed Hams is great, but I'd say the entire jumping Springfield Gorge and the ambulance scene from Bart the Daredevil is the funniest moment in the series.

rJiYR5PGhBETPz9U5eFvqFUia28=.gif

TeamLeftMatch

Oct 25, 2017
Funnier? Hard to tell but the monorail song is easily one of the most memorable moment of the Simpsons. I swear anyone who saw this episode can sing that song based off memory.

Funnier might be with Sideshow Bob in cape fear.
2rrFBbH.gif

Unfair to just show the clip consider the entire scene of Bob under the car is great.

Homer :"Hey kids let's drive over that cactus patch"
Bart:"Yes!"
Lisa:"Yeah!"
Sideshow Bob:"No!"
Homer:"Well 2 beats 1."

Deleted member 22407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Every time I see Homer stand on the glass bottomed boat holding his belly taunting the sharks below by saying call yourself king of the jungle! I can't help myself but laugh. It's such a small line and inconsequential to the episode but it's just Homer all over.

Grizzo

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
Damn it's really hard to select the funniest moment of the Simpsons but I would say that this one never fails to make me laugh (or smile at the very least)

It's a little joke but it works like a charm!

We have a tie. A tie dye. (Hibbert laugh.)

image.jpg

I love this look on Lisa. It's also taken from my fav episode from the whole series, Summer of 4 ft. 2

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
When he answers is mother with "it's just the Northern lights" it always cracks me up. Such a good line and delivery.

yepyepyep

Oct 25, 2017
I would be happy with that. I've seen it hundreds of times and know the lines by heart and it still makes me laugh. Skinner's mum calling for help as the house burns down is the icing on the cake.