• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Here in Albany, it's pretty much a beloved thing, considering how much our area is overlooked by the rest of the country.

Seriously, most people outside of here still pronounced it as "AL-BANY". It's "ALL-BANY".

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Homer building the grill gets me every time, especially at the end when he runs screaming at his failure with lunatic rage in his eyes.

EDIT: Beaten to the punch. :)

illmatic22

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Super Bowl LII Champions
2oa8oocurjvy.jpg

Here is the best steamed hams shitpost

Holy shit haha

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
That was great. Forgot about that completely... Just classic writing.

When I was a kid, Steamed Hams was where I first heard of the Aurora Borealis.

As for my contribution to the thread:

Likewise I never knew what the Aurora Borealis was either... I always assumed it was like a carnival or something, like Mardis Gras.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
I've seen the Steamed Hams scene so many times, and I just now noticed that two of the burgers just disappear from the table.

Did Skinner eat two Krusty burgers in a single bite? That's probably the most undirectly funny part of the whole joke.

Fluffhead14

Oct 27, 2017
sacrilegious to say in a simpsons thread, but i've always felt like the simpsons is a huge inside joke i was never a part of.

i mean, the clip in the op is humorous, but if that's the best of the simpsons, i don't feel like i've really missed much by never getting into it.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love a good Seymour Skinner bit

But the moment when Skinner was a cannibal in that Treehouse of Horror, him laughing about eating Uter... c'mon that cracks me up so bad

Rogue Blue

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
"Dammit Smithers, this isn't rocket science, it's brain surgery!"

That never fails to get a laugh out of me.

Oct 25, 2017
How has this not been posted yet, you disappoint me Era.

It's definitely up there. Other moments that come to mind are the beginning of Homie the Clown when Homer is seeing clowns everywhere and this moment:

The way he says "fiddle dee deeeee" just kills me.

That and the soft sound made by the nail going through the show just kill me.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017

One of my absolute favorites.

God this show is indelible.

Similarly, I love Apu losing his mind over Skinner's idiotic idea for Billy and the Cloneasaurus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik0BPKM9WQg
The implication that he's been berating Skinner for like an hour is that extra Simpsons touch that defines what made that show so good. They were so good about layering jokes and compressing each scene into a shining diamond of comedy.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017

Even if this isn't the loudest you have laughed at the Simpsons, this is still one of the best, if not straight up the best, constructed jokes ever.

mantidor

Oct 25, 2017
Is there some language pun in steamed hams? In Spanish is just non sense and I always felt I missed something in that whole gag.

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
I posted a clip earlier in the thread (probably misses his old glasses), but I just remembered one of my all time faves.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Is there some language pun in steamed hams? In Spanish is just non sense and I always felt I missed something in that whole gag.

No pun, but it sounds more believable when skinner says "Hams" is a nickname for burgers, that's one of the things that makes the dubbed version a bit funnier, it's more absurd because he says nonsense.

SchuckyDucky

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
Similarly, I love Apu losing his mind over Skinner's idiotic idea for Billy and the Cloneasaurus.

The implication that he's been berating Skinner for like an hour is that extra Simpsons touch that defines what made that show so good. They were so good about layering jokes and compressing each scene into a shining diamond of comedy.

Came here to post this one. Its brilliant how awful that name is. That episode is so underrated. It's one of my favorites.