• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dommo

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
1128777.gif

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oddly Simpson's isn't even the show I go to when I think of that big iconic joke. Instead I think of the Futurama episode with the monkey Gunther and the profs line "Why? Why? Why didn't I break his legs?!"

In fact it's always Futurama that comes to me over Simpson's for quotes. I think the show had a way bigger impact on me than Simpsons ever did despite growing up with the latter for longer.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
The steamed hams segment has always been my fave, it was a pleasant surprise to find it as popular as it is on the net.

louie

Oct 29, 2017
Pretty safe answer but I feel like Homer jumping Springfield Gorge is the definitive joke of the entire show. A joke so good it works any in language or culture it's translated into, and would probably still be funny in mute.

This whole sequence was absolutely brilliant, it reminded me of the cost cutting measures used by the local districts when I was in school.

Plus, there's a sign, more relevant now than ever before, about 1:38 into the scene.

But the clincher for me in this is Skinner's "RUN, CHILDREN!!" shout at the end followed by Otto's line, lol. Still slays after all these years.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
for reference, here's a clip from season 28

jesus christ

BTM

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So that's the first time I've seen the Steamed Hams thing and holy fucking shit I'm crying over here. Amazing

stew

Dec 2, 2017
"Shut up, brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip!"
"Eat the pudding! Eat the pudding! Eat the puddig!"
"No TV and no beer make Homer go crazy!"
"You see, I was pressuring my wife to make love in front of our son, you're gonna laugh when you hear this, when suddenly..."

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Steamed Hams is great, but I'd say the entire jumping Springfield Gorge and the ambulance scene from Bart the Daredevil is the funniest moment in the series.

rJiYR5PGhBETPz9U5eFvqFUia28=.gif

True story: Watching a re-run of this episode with my grandparents, which won them over so assuredly, convinced my parents to let my brother and I watch it regularly at home.

HulkieD

Oct 27, 2017
There are at least four or five moments in "Bart the Lover" (the Swear Jar episode) that are as good as, if not superior to, Steamed Hams. Not counting the already posted Swear Jar bits, it's either this:

or this:

Though the second clip excludes Marge's response, "For the last time, I'm not putting that in." That part absolutely KILLS me.

Be right back, watching this episode.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Aurora Borealis?! At this time of year, at this time of day, in this part of the country, localised entirely within your kitchen?
Yes.

Also no, its not the funniest scene, but it has been the internet's favorite one to make videos out of for a little while now. Personally I think the funniest ones are the ones where the whole town is involved... So take your pick there...

Oct 27, 2017
Couldnt find a clip, and havent seen it in forever, but sideshow bob stealing the wright brothers plane to kill krusty always brought me to tears "what the hell is that a lawnmower?"

barit

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I still call Hamburgers sometimes steamed ham because of it.

But for me one of the best Simpsons scene (because there are too many to call just one THE best) is the boogeyman one. I can't stress out enough how freaking hilarious and genius this scene is where Homer is alone with his kids at home and goes on panic mode after everyone tells a nightmare story. The delivering, the writing, the jokes. Everything is so good and is a prime example why the old Simpsons are so freaking legendary. Someone had even a picture of this scene as avatar on the old forum. It is that good.

Ometeotl

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Those "meme shitposts" sure are a way to take hilarious classic moments and make them dumb and unfunny.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
If it hasn't been posted yet, then Homer building a BBQ pit is the most Homer clip there is.